ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Nzoner's Game Room>There's some drama in Cincy
Mecca 02:49 PM 08-28-2024

As someone I trust told me about things in Cincinnati this summer “ the vibe isn’t good “ https://t.co/DnBatgEZHg

— trey wingo (@wingoz) August 28, 2024

The Bengals are having a very strange summer https://t.co/ivRQx0AnxE

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) August 28, 2024

Looks like they're off to a rousing start to the year.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:30 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Keep writing me those receipts.
4 titles vs. 0? :-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:45 PM 09-04-2024
I know. My great grandpa told me about them once.
What did he tell you about the Bengals yesteryear titles?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:51 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I don't know why the Bengals don't just trade Chase for picks. The Chiefs have shown the league that it doesn't pay to give any one player too big of a piece of the pie. That said, I think the cap is going to explode and all of these big contracts will be meaningless.

Teams with average QBs have to pay WR whatever they demand.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:02 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Teams with average QBs have to pay WR whatever they demand.
Its true. Thats how it goes.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:21 PM 09-04-2024
I don't know why the Bengals don't just trade Chase for picks. The Chiefs have shown the league that it doesn't pay to give any one player too big of a piece of the pie. That said, I think the cap is going to explode and all of these big contracts will be meaningless.

[Reply]
New World Order 07:24 PM 09-04-2024
Toilet Bowl Bengals
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:32 PM 09-04-2024
I almost guarantee Chase sits out week 1 because he’s sure they can beat the Pats without him. But then he shows up against us. That’s what I’d do if I were him.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:33 PM 09-04-2024
The Bengals don’t have Mahomes, Reid, Kelce, or Veach. KC is and will continue to be the anomaly of the league. Also I keep hearing that the cap is going to explode, when is this happening?
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:35 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I almost guarantee Chase sits out week 1 because he’s sure they can beat the Pats without him. But then he shows up against us. That’s what I’d do if I were him.
He'll play week 1. He's been doing a lot away from the camera that's not been reported because it doesn't fit the dramadramadrama narrative.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:37 PM 09-04-2024
He'll play week 1. He's been doing a lot away from the camera that's not been reported because it doesn't fit the dramadramadrama narrative.
Hey

Calm down pal
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:45 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
The Bengals don’t have Mahomes, Reid, Kelce, or Veach. KC is and will continue to be the anomaly of the league. Also I keep hearing that the cap is going to explode, when is this happening?
Just about the time they start charging you more money.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:00 PM 09-04-2024
Why would he do that? Play in that game?

He’s trying to stake his claim. He has huge ego for the right reasons. I guarantee you he’s described the Pats as “trash.” I seriously doubt Chase is a team first guy.

We’ll know who’s right soon enough.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:01 PM 09-04-2024
I hadn't noticed this before, but the Ravens have Lamar, the Bengals have Ja'marr, the Bills have Damar. All of our main foils in the conference are marred.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:53 PM 09-04-2024
They'll pay him.

All other star WR's in the league are getting paid.

It's not the same as when we let Hill go, the cap has climbed and will climb dramatically enough to accommodate the new contract levels.

Cap growing exponentially!
[Reply]
rfaulk34 09:46 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Why would he do that? Play in that game?

He’s trying to stake his claim. He has huge ego for the right reasons. I guarantee you he’s described the Pats as “trash.” I seriously doubt Chase is a team first guy.

We’ll know who’s right soon enough.
He had the choice to hold out or hold in. He was there with the team, helping in ways other than actively participating in drills all camp. He did work with coaches away from cameras after practice to stay in shape. He got extra work with Burrow before camp.

How does that make him a 'me first' guy? He put in that work so he would be ready to play in that game. I get that Chiefs fans don't like his attitude but the dude loves to be around the team and play ball.

Anyone can make the argument that if he was a team first guy, he should have been practicing the entire time, since he still has two years left on his rookie deal. The people making those claims are always people who aren't elite athletes, competing against each other for not only stats and "who's the best?", but also competing to the be the highest paid.

"We" would all 'handle it better' except for the fact we'll never get the chance to prove it.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Up