ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach vindicated in Sneed trade
JohnnyV13 01:40 PM Yesterday
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ue-quad-injury

Apparently, Sneed missed the last game and will miss the next game due to a quad injury. Sneed was terrific last season while performing despite injury concerns. Given the status of his knee, a big contract was a bad investment. Further, the :-) ability to draft and develop DBs played a huge role in his decision-making.

Jaylen Watson was doing a great job replacing Sneed. While McDuffie was the one taking over the no. 1 corner job, it was Watson who moved into the lineup with Sneed's absence. Watson was a well above average corner before getting injured. Imagine the Chiefs cap situation if they tried to fit a deal for Sneed.

Would signing Trey Smith and Creed Humphry to extensions have been possible? I also doubt the CHiefs would now have the flexibility to add Hopkins. They had to get Tennessee to eat a lot of contract as it is. I think the Chiefs would have to have performed serious cap contortions to address the WR room if they had signed Sneed.
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:06 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Yeah. I agree. I thought about posting something similar.
His players are the core members that created this dynasty...on par with the early 90's Cowboys.

Veach has filled in a LOT of excellent talent and his cap management smokes Dorsey...also his drive to fill in the back end of the roster is special.

It's a culmination of two excellent executives...but Dosey's players have been generational.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up