ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 40
« First < 303637383940
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM 09-23-2024
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
DRM08 02:59 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Mahomes seems incredibly skittish currently. They'll take a couple token deep shots during the opening script and after that they seem to all but vanish.

Don't know if he's just mind fucked from the scrubs last year constantly letting him down but ideally they work this shit out sooner rather than later.
I think the constant changes at Left Tackle are messing with him, which speeds up his internal clock and leads to mistakes. He struggled in the early part of 2021 with Orlando Brown after losing Eric Fisher. By the end of 2021 and then all of 2022 (MVP season), he was a lot more comfortable with Orlando. And then he lost Orlando as a free agent. Replaced with a washed up/aging Donovan Smith for 1 year...

Now Donovan Smith is gone and you have two very inexperienced guys at the LT position. Worth remembering Donovan Smith was injured and Wanya Morris took 100% of the snaps in that disaster Christmas Day game against the Raiders last year. Patrick will get more comfortable with Morris & Kingsley as the months and years go along. That's just a matter of time IMHO.

In the short term, Patrick just needs to be more careful with the ball. If you aren't comfortable, throw it out of bounds or in the dirt.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:08 PM Today
Why will Andy not put Mahomes under center and run out of an I formation on goal line situations. Steele at FB and Hunt at HB until Pacheco gets back. Both of those guys could take a hand off or play action would be super effective. Have a couple Tight Ends in there and we'd be cooking.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:10 PM Today
Or just straight Wildcat that shit
[Reply]
DRM08 03:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Why will Andy not put Mahomes under center and run out of an I formation on goal line situations. Steele at FB and Hunt at HB until Pacheco gets back. Both of those guys could take a hand off or play action would be super effective. Have a couple Tight Ends in there and we'd be cooking.
It's worth a shot. The predictable run plays up the middle on back to back plays inside the 5 yard line have not been cutting it. Two straight weeks they effectively wasted 1st and 2nd down inside the opponent's 5 yard line.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:22 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Or just straight Wildcat that shit
Fuck no. I don't wanna see gimmicky shit.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 40
« First < 303637383940
Up