ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Confronted Someone Breaking Into My Car Last Night
TinyEvel 07:06 PM Yesterday
Last night I took my (young adult) kid into San Francisco for dinner.

I drove his car (2017 VW Golf wagon). Any time I go into the city I know not to leave even a charger cable visible in the car and I moved a thermos and beach chair into the trunk before we left.

Driving through the city I mentioned "A lot of people say SF is full of tents and human feces. Look, there's none of that anywhere" (true on our route).

Parked at the curb in a residential street and went to the restaurant. While being seated I said "did I lock the car? ... I must have, no way I would forget to."

I should've gone to check, but it was a three block walk and we were seated. I thought no big deal.

After dinner walking to the car we came around the corner, I beeped the key fob, saw the lights flash on our car, but the drivers door was wide open.

Everything after this, happened really really fast.

I was at the driver's side of the car face to face with a guy who looked kinda like Joe Burrow. He was standing by the open door, holding the entire contents of the glove box and center console.

I said, loudly, "Hey this is our car! that's our stuff!"

He immediately put everything on the roof of the car and stepped back.
"I'm sorry man. I'm sorry. Okay...I'm sorry. Just trying to get by."

I said "Not us. Not tonight. it's my kid's car, man. There's nothing."

Dude walked off briskly.

That was it, over as fast as it happened.

Basically it was a $4 pair of liquor store sunglasses and a stack of old car repair receipts and expired registration slips and old UC Santa Cruz parking passes.

Now, we'd all like to think we're a bunch of badasses on here. And I've played out robbery or mugging scenarios in my head plenty of times, imagining me the hero. I'm 6'2" 240 Lbs, bald (no goatee) but I've been told I have a mean resting face.

I'm no badass. But I've been told I have an "Imposing look"

I checked that my kid was OK. He said yeah. I apologized for not locking the car.

Probably the most tame car robbery incident I could imagine, and I am glad.

I'm a bonehead for forgetting to lock the car. And more so for not going back to check.
I'm lucky we walked up when we did but he really would not have stolen anything of value. But I don't want anybody having anything with my name and address on it.

Just glad I didn't try to tackle the guy or escalate it. And lucky he didn't have a knife or other weapon. Dude looked like he was late for his shift at Chipotle. No hoodie, not tweaker face. Didn't even seem on drugs.

Just saying, it didn't go as I would have imagined but I'm glad it didn't, especially with my son there.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:12 AM Today
My son lives 20 blocks south of the Plaza 1 block west of Ward Parkway. Not a shabby locale. He was held up at gunpoint at 10 pm in his driveway by three disadvantaged and misunderstood young men. All armed. Youngest was 15 with a record, one 17, the other never caught. They stole 2 cars. They were found 2 hours later with one car. Charges were never brought by the prosecutors office. He was blessed by the hand of God to not be dead in the street.

Bad you had your experience. Im glad you are ok.

We live in a lawless and horribly unsafe time with deadly consequences.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:23 AM Today
I would like to know who is downvoting these comments.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:27 AM Today
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I would like to know who is downvoting these comments.
There's a way to see. Let me see if I can recall.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:30 AM Today
On your user CP, on the left column, about 4th from the bottom, click Helpful Answers.
Keep in mind that it won't be visible if you're in At Work mode.
[Reply]
neech 07:35 AM Today
I've never heard of a mean resting face, what does that look like?
[Reply]
wazu 07:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
U approach em in kc u get shot

Pussy san Franciscans
Yeah, in KC the move would be back up and call the police.
[Reply]
wazu 07:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by neech:
I've never heard of a mean resting face, what does that look like?

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I have a similar story that I can tell better in person, but here goes...

Back in 1999, I went into a grocery store in the south end of St. Joe with my sister in law.
It's about 7pm, at dusk... not dark yet but getting there. I walk out the front door of the grocery store and look over at my parked car in the lot. I notice the dome light on and the passenger door open with some legs hanging out.

My reaction:
I drop the bags in each hand and start running to my car. As I get a bit closer, I shout "hey get the fuck out of my car". The person inside hears me, perks up and gets out of the vehicle. He starts to run to the next lot isle to this old brown truck. Instead of thinking... my adrenaline took over and I chased right after him.
As he opened the door to his truck, I did a Liu Kang style jump kick to his back and kicked him into his truck. He is leaning over his center console, so I grab by his shirt with my left hand at his neck, and jab him in the face with my right hand 3 times.

He did not worry too much about fighting back, as he really just wanted to get the fuck out of there. So while I am punching him, he is turning his key trying to start his truck.

About on the 4th punch to the face or so, his truck starts... and he has his foot on the gas pedal.... he slams it in drive. At this point I get in one last good shot to his jaw as I bail out of the truck.

The force of my punch in combo with him slamming the truck into drive jumps the truck right into the parking lot light post (with the big round cement base). At this point he steers hard right, scraping the side of his truck down the drivers side while he tries to speed off. He makes it down to the main street with the mufflers dragging in the rear, causing sparks down the road.

Meanwhile I'm shouting "Fuck you, you fucking thief" or something similar.

I walk back to my sister in law and about 5 people standing at the store front, look down at my arm and I was bleeding pretty badly. I'm not sure how it happened but I still have a 3" scar to this day. The little old lady (had to have been 85-90 years old) looks up at me and says.... "damn, I wouldn't fuck with you". It was freaking hilarious.

Ended up I caught the thief before he actually took anything...
So he ended up with nothing, a broken truck, and a fucked up face.

I was fearless at 18 years old, but yeah now days.... I'd go about that situation much smarter, as I would have probably been dead.
Damn, that's how most of the fights start in my mind. Maybe we can be ninjas IRL.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:09 AM Today
I’m legit done with the bay cities until they clean it up. We shot a commercial in Oakland and it was the most insane place I’ve been. They just LIVE with crime like it’s the cost of doing business.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I’m legit done with the bay cities until they clean it up. We shot a commercial in Oakland and it was the most insane place I’ve been. They just LIVE with crime like it’s the cost of doing business.
I mean it's a place full of Raiders fans, so....
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:16 AM Today
Molitoth when he catches you rummaging through his 86 Thunderbird

Liu Kang GIFfrom Liu GIFs

[Reply]
neech 08:21 AM Today
I bet that Sean “Diddy” Combs has a sad resting face right about now.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Molitoth when he catches you rummaging through his 86 Thunderbird Camaro
haha, love it!

(Really though, It was a 1999 Dodge Neon R/T)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up