ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Going Cellphoneless
HayWire 07:25 PM 07-03-2024
ive had a cell for the majority of my life. My first was a bagphone :-)

Over the years Ive wondered about getting by when we were younger and nobody had them. Most days I question the need for constant contact. Ive never been a phone snob and as long as could call and text I was content (bought a $75 phone at walmart and only pay 38 a month). Ive noticed that the only people i talk regulary is my wife and dad but since i started having health shit my wife works from home. If I did need to call someone my wife still has hers. Has anyone here gone without a cell? If so what are the downsides?

i have only went without a week now and havent even noticed.

Am I crazy to go phoneless?
[Reply]
threebag 02:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by HayWire:
I fuckin hate that. When we eat out and see a family sitting at a table and everyone is looking at their phone drives me nuts. Growing up we had strict dinner table rules. No elbows on the table, must wear a shirt (that came from me never wearing a shirt in the summer) nothing on the table except food.

We always had that as family time. Dinner on the table at 5... don't be late because as soon as dinner is done everything is put away and dishes done.

Also, while I'm ranting, we ate what was in front of us. We didn't get a different meal because we didn't like what Ma made.
Amen
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by HayWire:
I ****in hate that. When we eat out and see a family sitting at a table and everyone is looking at their phone drives me nuts. Growing up we had strict dinner table rules. No elbows on the table, must wear a shirt (that came from me never wearing a shirt in the summer) nothing on the table except food.

We always had that as family time. Dinner on the table at 5... don't be late because as soon as dinner is done everything is put away and dishes done.

Also, while I'm ranting, we ate what was in front of us. We didn't get a different meal because we didn't like what Ma made.
Funny...we always had a rule that cellphones were not allowed at the dinner table when my kids were young. (9-17)

We talked about their days...and actually listened. You would be surprised at how that translates to telling your kids they are important. And they would ask how my day at work went, and I would tell them the very lite stuff. Fascinating what kids will listen to that stays with them forever. My daughter (age 28) still loves to talk about things she remembered from the dinner table when she was young.

You ate what was fixed and helped clean the table before heading off for an hour of computer time before time for bed. At bedtime I read to my daughter at least 30 minutes to teach her the value of reading good books. (I hated the Twilight books and Harry Potter but I read them to her because she wanted me to.)

The point of this was to exemplify that from 6:00 PM till I went to bed my cell phone was on the night stand beside my bed. It taught my children that family was most important.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up