ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Don't buy a Chromebook
Bob Dole 03:27 PM Yesterday
What a giant piece of shit.

Today alone, it's restarted itself 9 times, the 9th just at kickoff. And of course, it now won't let me login because it cannot verify my password or PIN. This is the 6th time this has happened, and nothing other than time seems to be capable of correcting the issue.

The most frustrating device I have ever had the misfortune of owning.

As a bonus, the only audio feed I was able to find quickly on my phone, is the fucking Raiders radio network.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:16 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Macs are great. I still use my 2010 IMac daily and love my PowerBook Pro. Everything talks to everything, including our phones.
While reading that, I would've swore that word was going to be cats
[Reply]
loochy 08:19 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
dont get the ones with the glass or plastic screen covers.

So if it's not plastic

and it's not glass

WTF is it?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 PM Yesterday
Chromebooks are just fine. I have two of them but they're both Asus, which I find far more reliable than many other brands. I've been an Apple user for close to 30 years but I just don't want to pay the premium anymore.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:41 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Geeezzzz I know you haven’t been doing I.T. For awhile but you should still
Have enough smarts to not buy a Chromebook. They are for shit.
I don't think it would be an issue if not for the constant random crashing. Those crashes are what appears to be causing the login profile issue. Even Google's recovery process is shit. I'm on the thing as "Guest" at the moment and just logged onto Google without issue, so I know my credentials are correct.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:42 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Chromebooks are just fine. I have two of them but they're both Asus, which I find far more reliable than many other brands. I've been an Apple user for close to 30 years but I just don't want to pay the premium anymore.
Same, since about all I ever do is web-based any more.
[Reply]
Bump 11:12 PM Yesterday
I bought an HP laptop not long ago. Biggest piece of garbage. The keyboard doesn't work, so I would have to pull up the keypad thing and use the mouse to type in stuff and types it in backwards.

I don't think I did anything, it was new but I kind of installed everything that it said to install and put it in the closet for a few months and forgot about it. Seemed fine when I put it away and then I try to use it and don't know wtf is wrong with it but too late to return. I think the keyboard isn't broken but something is ****ed up with the software or something. reinstalled drivers, it started working again, turned it off and then back on and it was back to not working so I don't fucking know.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:15 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by loochy:
So if it's not plastic

and it's not glass

WTF is it?
Clay. It's a Cuneiformbook.
[Reply]
Fishels 12:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I just bought a retirement laptop and decided to go back to the Apple world. I bought a 15" Mac Air.

Holy cow. This thing is magic. It's light as a feather, and it's silent as an owl at night. It has no fan, so it's completely silent. And then atop that, the battery lasts forever. I'm no longer tethered to an outlet. I just charge it at night and don't worry about the battery during the day. I'm very happy with this purchase.
Thanks! I know they are good but unfortunately I can’t part with a kidney :-)
lol

Anyone know any fairly cheap laptops? I think I’m going to save up for a nice gaming PC and I do have an IPad. But if I go back to school I may need a laptop. Heck I’d love a MacBook I just don’t know if that would be the smartest option for me
[Reply]
threebag 02:29 AM Today
Chromebook for sale…
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by Fishels:
Thanks! I know they are good but unfortunately I can’t part with a kidney :-)
lol

Anyone know any fairly cheap laptops? I think I’m going to save up for a nice gaming PC and I do have an IPad. But if I go back to school I may need a laptop. Heck I’d love a MacBook I just don’t know if that would be the smartest option for me
Don't know what you may be going back to school for, but if it is anything finance or accounting related don't get a MacBook. You'll be using Excel a lot and the Excel version on the Mac doesn't support a large number of accounting functions built into Excel for the PC.
We found that out the hard way when my oldest daughter was working on her MBA. We ended up having to buy a Dell laptop for her to use in her accounting classes.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:37 AM Today
Make sure your mac can do more than 2 screens if needed. I know I complained about our mac air.

Had to buy a dock with more USB and displaylink so I could use it like an actual computer should be.

Now they took away our touchscreens at school. )(&(*^T&*^%*^(*Y&U(I_)&(^*&^%
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up