ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>TSA Pre-Check
Fat Elvis 11:47 AM Today
Anyone do TSA Pre-Check? If so, how long does the application process take? Looks like you have to pre-apply, and then take documents into a special service location and get fingerprinted. After that, how long does it take to get your pre-check approved?

Thanks!

Fat E
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:52 PM Today
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I walked into a Staples and did it in a couple minutes

Think I waited a week or so for it to fully process
Exactly this. And worth every penny.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 04:01 PM Today
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I walked into a Staples and did it in a couple minutes

Think I waited a week or so for it to fully process
I wish we could do that around here; the closest place to Topeka is in Manhattan according to the TSA Prescreen website. I did the pre-application; I will be in Manhattan next week for a presentation but I need the Pass about a week later so I didn't know if that would be enough time.
[Reply]
Monty 04:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by DaFace:
When I came back from Japan, they had just moved to facial recognition, and it was INSANELY fast with Global Entry. I'm not exaggerating when I say I barely broke stride going through immigration. Probably like 3 seconds at the kiosk, and the agent yelled my name and said I'm good to go on through.
Exactly! We just did the same from Canada. It was glorious!
[Reply]
Monty 04:07 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah I have Global entry myself and that also comes with the Pre. I think it took around a month for it to show up after I went through the song and dance. DEFINETLY worth it.

On a side note, I screwed myself out of another knife last week. I always carry a knife and I forgot to stick it in my checked bag. I remembered just as I was at the point where I had to start sticking my stuff in totes. If I would have noticed it earlier, I would have tossed it into my backpack and hoped they missed it. When I handed it to TSA the guy says "Do you want to surrender this?" I said "**** no, but I assume I don't have much of a choice." I did that one other time here at the local airport, but figured it out just before going through security. I jumped out of line and buried it in a plant pot. It was still there when I returned from the trip.
This reminds me of all the Torchlighters that I’ve lost in my travels due to forgetting them in my backpack. on one trip back from Cabo, I told the female agent to tell her husband to enjoy his new lighter. 😎

I heard another story recently, where an agent confiscated his knife here at DFW and the guy found it about three months later at a pawnshop in Austin.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up