ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 164 of 164
« First < 64114154160161162163164
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
RunKC 08:54 AM Today
Chiefs won’t trade for 2 WR’s. Their offense isn’t designed like the past. Mahomes is throwing less than 30 passes a game most of the time, Juju will be back at some point, and Gray will have a heavier focus. Hardman is the insurance, which honestly is a higher ceiling than Robinson anyway. He’ll get more run like he did SF.

I’m very confident that Hollywood will be back for the playoffs. I expect him to start practicing in mid December.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM Today
You've got Pacheco coming back in a couple weeks and Omenihu soon.

I think a single WR is all you need, depending on who it is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Isn't Mahomes the difference though, compared to those Ravens teams? And the proof is obviously in the pudding. Last year's offense was worse but the playoffs came and he just found a way in every critical moment.

If the bottom falls out of the defense, which would only happen due to injuries, then yeah, they are fucked. And I would argue that's the case even if they added Tyreek Hill into this offense.

But if the defense maintains top five level play, and you have your OL healthy along with obviously Mahomes, Kelce, Worthy... I'm just fine seeing them score around 27 or so a game while leaning primarily on the horses in the backfield.

Defense hasn't given up 28 since LVII, and I'm not sure the streak ends this year.
The difference is what CAN be done when you get to a threshold level of surrounding ability, IMO.

And by the end of the year, with Rice developing in the offense and Kelce turning it back up in the post-season (and MVS re-learning how to play football, if only briefly) while Hardman provided deep speed, we were at that threshold level.

But if you're not at it, the QB isn't gonna be able to move the needle much. And right now, we're not at it, IMO.

This really does get back to some of the conversations we had a couple years back. Give Mahomes mediocre and he can work with that. But you can't expect him to go out there and multiply by zero.

Right now this WR corps is as bad as the WR corps was AFTER Tyreek Hill. Worthy isn't any better than 2021 Mecole at the moment. Pringle and Robinson were more capable than Watson and Moore.

And what did we say after that season? Even after we traded Hill? "This team doesn't NEED a number one, but it can't go out there again with 5 number 5s either. PM can win you a championship with nothing but WR2 and WR3 caliber players...."

He has NONE of those as the moment. And we lived that already. We know how hard that was for him and why Tyreek got 160 targets that year. And why when that Bengals game got weird and maybe Tyreek checked out after that strangeness at the end of the 2nd quarter, things went to hell.
[Reply]
TEX 08:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Cooper got traded from Cleveland to Buffalo.

If Cleveland was willing to send him to Buffalo, they'd be willing to send him here.

Now I'm not saying it's nightmarish to not have gotten him, but if a 2025 3rd and 2026 7th got him from Cleveland, I'd have given a 2025 3rd and 2026 6th just go put us over the top and get the deal done.

Get to yes. Get someone in here. Cooper would've helped quite a bit and yeah, he was just as available to us as he would've been to Buffalo.
Id have done that too. SUCKS, that he ended up going to Buffalo. He's just going to make Coleman better. Now, KC might have to over pay for less talent... But Vrach deserves the benefit of the doubt.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 08:58 AM Today
Pounce on Garrett Wilson after the Jets lose next week? The Jets are not a serious team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Chiefs won’t trade for 2 WR’s. Their offense isn’t designed like the past. Mahomes is throwing less than 30 passes a game most of the time, Juju will be back at some point, and Gray will have a heavier focus. Hardman is the insurance, which honestly is a higher ceiling than Robinson anyway. He’ll get more run like he did SF.

I’m very confident that Hollywood will be back for the playoffs. I expect him to start practicing in mid December.
Lets say you trade for 2 and Hollywood comes back.

Hollywood
Slayton
Worthy
Hardman
Osborn
JuJu
Watson

I swear I will never understand why anyone wants to ink JuJu onto this roster. Yes, he'll come back. Then he'll get hurt again. Then he'll be 'questionable' every day for the rest of his life.

You can't bank on JuJu. And honestly, you can't really bank on Watson.

The team should add 2.
[Reply]
Page 164 of 164
« First < 64114154160161162163164
Up