ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 50
« First < 404647484950
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
Balto 09:08 PM Yesterday
Good read on keeping faith for our rookie tackle!

https://sidelionreport.com/2021/10/1...er-five-weeks/

Detroit Lions: Penei Sewell can’t be a bust after five weeks
By Fayez AliAhmad | Oct 12, 2021

Penei Sewell has had some struggles the last couple weeks, but it’s way too early to call the Lions’ rookie tackle a bust.
Detroit Lions rookie offensive tackle Penei Sewell has been up and down through five weeks. In Week 5, he got an education from Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen. An ankle injury that limited him in practice during the week was not helpful.

Now a segment of Lions’ fans (and other fans) want to call Sewell a bust. But five games does not make a career, and here are some examples.
Example No. 1: Andrew Thomas
Left tackle Andrew Thomas gave up four sacks in the first five games of his rookie season. His rookie season was so rough that passing on Tristan Wilfs and Jedrick Willis looked like a huge mistake.

Thomas finished the season with 10 sacks and 57 pressures given up. Fans claimed the Giants made a mistake taking him with the fourth overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft.
Thomas has looked far better so far this season, before not playing in Week 5 due to an injury. He graded similarly to Wirfs, and better than Willis. Thomas hasn’t given up a sack in 182 pass blocking snaps this season and is on pace to only allow 20 pressures. He’s looking like the player the Giants selected with a top-five pick in the draft.
Other recent examples: Kolton Miller

Position Switch Example: Jake Matthews
I know what you’re going to say next… “but Sewell is going to play right tackle when he should be staying at left, it won’t work.” Enter Atlanta Falcons left tackle Jake Matthews.
Jake Matthews, selected sixth overall by the Falcons in the 2014 draft, was a natural right tackle until he switched positions his senior year in college. When the Falcons drafted him, the goal was to move him back to right tackle, his natural position, but injuries changed that plan and they allowed him to stay at left tackle.

His rookie season went poorly, here is a quote from an unnamed Pro Football Focus analyst back in 2015 via an ESPN Article:
"“The state of [Atlanta’s] offensive line will once again be a concern, with Matthews in particular needing to take a huge step forward after an ugly rookie season (he allowed seven sacks and 51 total pressures).”"
Matthews is still the Falcons starting left tackle after eight seasons, and is one of the premier pass blockers in the NFL.

Generational Talent Example: Trent Williams
​​Sewell was tabbed by many as a generational talent, despite opting out of his final season at Oregon. So he should be good right away, right?
This is where a comparison to future Hall of Fame offensive tackle Trent Williams comes into play. Williams was my NFL comparison for Sewell. Both were athletic freaks for how big they were coming out of college.

Williams gave up 11 sacks his rookie season and had teams questioning his work ethic after being selected fourth overall by Washington back in 2010. Today, Williams is still playing elite football for the San Francisco 49ers.
Final Thoughts: Let’s slow down with Penei Sewell
All of this doesn’t mean Sewell will pan out and eventually become an elite left tackle, as was ordained by several analysts. But a handful of games playing left tackle in the NFL, after not playing football last year, is way too early to say Sewell will be a bust.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:59 PM Yesterday
chip help will be coming

chiefs put him on island to see how he'd do and he had a good game and a poor game

they'll recalibrate playcalling going forward

nothing to worry about
[Reply]
RunKC 11:16 PM Yesterday
Well Jawaan Taylor has improved massively from where he was this time last year. He’s pick up where he left off in the playoffs, so 4/5 OL are smashing assholes out there allowing Andy to either shift plays right, utilize RPO’s and provide chip help.

Pass protection stats for OT

Upper right = good | Bottom left = bad pic.twitter.com/xr8hLFILgI

— Stat Acccount (@AcccountStat) :-)68?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 18, 2024

Not putting on my tinfoil hat here but I do believe that Andy did not go full on pass bc he knew he had a rookie 2nd rd LT that needed work and running the ball would both help that rookie tackle as well as attack cover 2.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Well Jawaan Taylor has improved massively from where he was this time last year. He’s pick up where he left off in the playoffs, so 4/5 OL are smashing assholes out there allowing Andy to either shift plays right, utilize RPO’s and provide chip help.

Not putting on my tinfoil hat here but I do believe that Andy did not go full on pass bc he knew he had a rookie 2nd rd LT that needed work and running the ball would both help that rookie tackle as well as attack cover 2.
Hate to say it but Kinsley may need to start jumping the snap like Taylor.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
I'm not going to read too much into the rookie in his 2nd game having trouble with the 3x pro bowler

also damn Hendrickson is crazy looking what the fuck

Looks like something you'd see purposely fucking with the sliders on a Create a Player for Madden.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 50
« First < 404647484950
Up