ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Please pray for Jamaica!
Coochie liquor 07:36 PM 07-02-2024
In Ocho Rios right now, and the island is about to get hammered. If you’ve never been, it’s a very poor country, with little to no building codes, and some homes literally made of scrap plywood, and leftover materials. It’s gonna be a really rough go for the people here, and it’s so sad.

We could have left a couple days early, but I vowed to stay later and use my construction skills if needed. In the morning we will be locked in our room for the duration of the storm. It’s not the first hurricane we’ve endured, but it’s not me I’m worried about. The people here will be devastated if this continues at this rate.

Luckily we bought another shroom candy bar before the dispensary closed. So our plan is to stay in the room, but leave the planet for a while!

Please pray for Jamaica, and hopefully see you guys on the flip side!
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Starlink is probably the best thing to come from Musk. You can take it anywhere and have great reception anywhere.

I was watching this guy on TikTok that was sailing around the world and got stuck in the middle of the Doldrums, but he was able to load his videos and do everything else, because he had Starlink. Definitely such a cool ass invention. Can't believe someone didn't think of it sooner.
Probably not so much an issue with innovation, but that project is well into the billions of dollars.

I've thought about using it for RVing or even cruises while working, but weary of not being able to tether to my phone in case it goes out... you're just SOL with no way to call coworkers. Granted, I've heard nothing but good things from those who use it and it does seem pretty reliable.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up