ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>1st 6 weeks this year vs last year
Oh Snap 09:49 AM Today
2024 pts scored: 146
2023 pts scored: 147

2024 pts allowed: 103 (96 if you take out the garbage time TD San Frans scored)
2023 pts allowed: 88

We are basically right where we were this time last year. The only difference is we are past the toughest part if our schedule. LFG!!!
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I'm not sure why. Is he afraid of what might happen if everyone hates us?
I think it's respect for other coaches, maybe the players as well.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 04:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I think it's respect for other coaches, maybe the players as well.
I think you're spot on. Andy really is trying to be a good person/sportsman, whereas a lot of other people (including myself) would just be trying to avoid the future consequences.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:05 PM Today
I think Andy really protects his playbook. He’s alluded to saving plays for the playoffs (WASP, Corndog, among many others).

I think he’d rather lose and protect his plays for the playoffs rather than win by opening up the playbook, and statistically, he’s going to walk away with the win turtling up 95% of the time.

I can only remember three games in the Mahomes era where we blew second half double digit leads. Two of them were not because we turtled up, but were assisted with bad Mahomes INT’s (@Ravens 2021, Bengals AFCCG R1), and the other (@Bengals), featured probably the worst defensive collapse in Spags tenure here.

Tho examples more or less prove that the grand majority of the time, we’re walking away with a W that feels a little too close for comfort.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think Andy really protects his playbook. He’s alluded to saving plays for the playoffs (WASP, Corndog, among many others).

I think he’d rather lose and protect his plays for the playoffs rather than win by opening up the playbook.
It was kind of a bummer that Corndog didn't work in yesterdays game again, Pat either threw a bad ball or Mecole ran the route closer to the line. But man, I think it scores if it connects. Imagine the hell the 9ers would be in if that play that skunked them in OT in the SB would have been a score yesterday...
[Reply]
RedinTexas 05:22 PM Today
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
It was kind of a bummer that Corndog didn't work in yesterdays game again, Pat either threw a bad ball or Mecole ran the route closer to the line. But man, I think it scores if it connects. Imagine the hell the 9ers would be in if that play that skunked them in OT in the SB would have been a score yesterday...
I thought the pass was thrown before Hardman was expecting and I also thought the sun may have been in Hardman's eyes.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:27 PM Today
Hardman slipped on the route. The slippage disrupted the timing of it just enough. Thankfully there wasn't a defender nearby, like what happened on Worthy's trip/fall to the ground earlier in the game.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:27 PM Today
Didn’t Hardman slip a bit out of his break?

Otherwise, it would’ve worked.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up