< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>The Roast of Nick Athan
Hammock Parties 10:20 AM Today
:-) this might be hilarious

🚨 SAVE THE DATE 🚨

The Roast of Nick Athan.
October 11, 2024.
3PM ET • 5PM CT • 6PM ET.

Click the link below to set a reminder, so you don’t MISS it… 👇https://t.co/ZVYmUqt8Wd@FourGuysInABar @TalkPrimeTime @BowTieSports_18 @ChiefsInsider pic.twitter.com/IRYYl7OPGB

— Chiefs Blitz (@ChiefsBlitz) September 14, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:00 PM Today
Nick hired Phobia who hired me to help the site and magazine.

Phobia got tired of Nick's ways and resigned after, I guess, a year or so?

I stuck around for a few years to get paid...which was always a challenge, but the money always hit my account. We always got a few clicks from CP thanks to my relentless spam.

Met Herm and Carl and attended two camps as credentialed press, did cool things like listen to exclusives with Gunther before anyone else and received personal letters from King Carl...all in all, a damn good time!

The deal is done!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:01 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He taught Clay the art of the grift. If you connect the dots you can partially blame Nick Athan for that hit piece on the Chiefs and EB.
No, you can't. That piece was entirely borne of our old pal Marty Mac. Had nothing to do with me or Nick. I was just the messenger. Pump the brakes, ignoramus.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:04 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No, you can't. That piece was entirely borne of our old pal Marty Mac. Had nothing to do with me or Nick. I was just the messenger. Pump the brakes, ignoramus.
You misunderstood his post. He didn't say Nick was responsible for it. He said Nick was responsible for grooming a grifter, who would later write that bullshit you did.

For a "journalist" your reading comprehension is pretty "meh".
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:04 PM Today
FWIW, the thing that torpedoed Nick was his terrible reporting, before Haley was hired, that Shanahan was going to be the head coach.

He lost all his credentials after that.

I wouldn't say Nick went "into hiding." Scout.com pretty much went under, so he got a different job and moved to Florida.

Why he decided to start another Chiefs site in the middle of the Mahomes era is beyond me, but it has little to do with biding his time until "the heat died down" so he could start another insider site. Probably just bored and looking to fill the hours in retirement.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:04 PM Today
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
He said Nick was responsible for grooming a grifter, who would later write that bullshit you did.
Which is false, because I didn't write it you glorious bastard.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:05 PM Today
Call it what you wanna call it. Your brought it here. You put your name on it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:05 PM Today
Call it what you wanna call it. Your brought it here. You put your name on it.
Yes, I copied and pasted what was sent to me in an e-mail. :-)

Cope.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:24 PM Today
Yeah, and Crave took a chick to Belize.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:26 PM Today
FWIW, the thing that torpedoed Nick was his terrible reporting, before Haley was hired, that Shanahan was going to be the head coach.

I wouldn't say Nick went "into hiding." Scout.com pretty much went under, so he got a different job and moved to Florida.

Why he decided to start another Chiefs site in the middle of the Mahomes era is beyond me, but it has little to do with biding his time until "the heat died down" so he could start another insider site. Probably just bored and looking to fill the hours in retirement.
What Torpedo'd his career was the fact that he completely made everything up and was nothing but a fake news sensationalist. He was a liar and a con-man and most here remember that, so don't try to paint this rosy picture of your hero.

The posts in this thread speak for themselves.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:26 PM Today
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Yeah, and Crave took a chick to Belize.
The article was clearly written by someone who has media sources. That's not and has never been me. It is, and others on this site can verify, our old pal Marty Mac.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:26 PM Today
What Torpedo'd his career was the fact that he completely made everything up and was nothing but a fake news sensationalist. He was a liar and a con-man and most here remember that, so don't try to paint this rosy picture of your hero.

The posts in this thread speak for themselves.
He's no hero of mine. He did have exclusive access to Herm and Gunther, though. Fun times!
[Reply]
In58men 12:31 PM Today
I legit got second hand embarrassment.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:32 PM Today

Lmao.

"Chiefs Insider" outted as huge phoney and then runs to Florida, but isn't hiding. Also just happens to start another site in the middle of the best time in Chiefs history several years after he was outted as a grifter, but Clay just can't comprehend why he did it.

Seems like my take was spot on.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:36 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao.

"Chiefs Insider" outted as huge phoney and then runs to Florida, but isn't hiding. Also just happens to start another site in the middle of the best time in Chiefs history several years after he was outted as a grifter, but Clay just can't comprehend why he did it.

Seems like my take was spot on.
I mean I really don't care either way. Just seems odd to frame it that way when the timing doesn't even line up.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up