ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 166 of 166
« First < 66116156162163164165166
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:08 AM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:
Any birds that are capable of flight but choose to ground nest get little sympathy from me in their choices of self-preservation techniques. Also, I believe the protection laws against hunting almost all birds of prey doesn't help out the pheasant population.

Between all the above and hunters along with getting run over by a tractor they have a lot going against them.
Interesting how someone thinks an animal can just change their nesting routine after doing it for literally centuries
[Reply]
R Clark 10:10 AM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
We used to hunt milo fields in SWMO and it was non-stop action. I'm not a big fan of dove meat, but it was food and a lot of fun.
Wrap bacon around the breast, it’s eatable
[Reply]
stumppy 10:23 AM 09-01-2024
Any birds that are capable of flight but choose to ground nest get little sympathy from me in their choices of self-preservation techniques. Also, I believe the protection laws against hunting almost all birds of prey doesn't help out the pheasant population.

Between all the above and hunters along with getting run over by a tractor they have a lot going against them.
You think birds like pheasant and quail make a conscience decision to nest on the ground?:-)

It this thing called evolution. You might want to check into it.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 11:43 AM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Wrap bacon around the breast, it’s eatable

And a wedge jalapeño had a friend that put a little cream cheese in as well but that wasn't my favorite. Some people liked the cream cheese though.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 12:21 AM 09-02-2024
Dove jalapeño poppers are one food that I will make myself sick from overeating.

Breaded and fried are damn good, too.
[Reply]
Fish 12:53 AM 09-02-2024
I've been hunting western Kansas for pheasant every single year going back 20 years. Typically around Colby, KS. Over 15 years ago, there was an insane amount of pheasant. I remember walking one single 1 mile field of CPR, and getting over 50 birds between ~15 of us. It has steadily went downhill though, over the last 10 years. We walk the same fields as before, and maybe get 3-4 roosters in an entire day. Drought has really decimated the pheasant population.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:55 AM 09-02-2024
Drought has decimated all populations.
[Reply]
Otter 07:04 AM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by stumppy:
You think birds like pheasant and quail make a conscience decision to nest on the ground?:-)

It this thing called evolution. You might want to check into it.
It was meant mostly tongue-in-cheek. You might want to check into it.

Also, I'm sure there's good proctologist not to far away to have that stick removed from you ass. Might want to check into it.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:56 AM 09-02-2024
It was meant mostly tongue-in-cheek. You might want to check into it.

Also, I'm sure there's good proctologist not to far away to have that stick removed from you ass. Might want to check into it.
Sure it was. :-)

It might be believable except you doubled down on ignorance with your comment on birds of prey.
[Reply]
Otter 08:12 AM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Sure it was. :-)

It might be believable except you doubled down on ignorance with your comment on birds of prey.
A 2 second Google search will prove that birds of prey have an effect on the pheasant population.

Todays Labor Day so all the proctologists are most likely going to be unavailable for an appointed. First thing tomorrow if you're going to keep gracing us with your presence, Dumppy.

Have a good Labor Day and get a life.
[Reply]
srvy 12:47 PM 09-02-2024
Stumppy The ornithologist:-)

Knows his birds but a complete idiot all else.

Meet the Dummy Stumppy

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:44 PM 09-02-2024
Had an awesome dove opener in Pawnee County Ks.....killed a lot of doves followed by a crappie fry and doves, cols brews and awesome fellowship. Blessed by superb friends.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:47 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
I've been hunting western Kansas for pheasant every single year going back 20 years. Typically around Colby, KS. Over 15 years ago, there was an insane amount of pheasant. I remember walking one single 1 mile field of CPR, and getting over 50 birds between ~15 of us. It has steadily went downhill though, over the last 10 years. We walk the same fields as before, and maybe get 3-4 roosters in an entire day. Drought has really decimated the pheasant population.
Pawnee county this week we saw more pheasants than in many years as well as quail and even saw three broods of turkey in a 5 mile drive next to the Ark River
[Reply]
Page 166 of 166
« First < 66116156162163164165166
Up