ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>It's 4th & 1
MatriculatingHank 06:58 PM Today
You can have any running back in NFL history. Who you going with?
[Reply]
srvy 09:06 PM Today
There was a guy on the Chargers back in the Marty ball days that I dreaded. In short yardage and 4th quarter when our D was worn the slap down that just bowling pinned our D. He was a big guy, a former tight end they made into a back. I cant for the life of me remember his name. Not Means who was also a problem.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by srvy:
There was a guy on the Chargers back in the Marty ball days that I dreaded. In short yardage and 4th quarter when our D was worn the slap down that just bowling pinned our D. He was a big guy, a former tight end they made into a back. I cant for the life of me remember his name. Not Means who was also a problem.
Rod Bernstine?

There was also some other little bowling ball dude other than Means around that time. The Chargers had some power runners in that era.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Marcus Allen is the best short-yardage back I’ve ever seen
It seems like we all have that perception, and it's really interesting since he wasn't big and he wasn't a power back. He just knew where to find a gap to slither through.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:12 PM Today
I know he's not a RB but Jalen Hurts picks up 4 & 1 almost 100% of the time with the tush push. Especially before Kelce retired.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up