ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 329 of 329
« First < 229279319325326327328329
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 08:32 PM Yesterday
6 QB hits and 21 total pressures. God I love Spags
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:35 PM Yesterday
Spags is in his Wade Phillips era…. Didn’t see it coming
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:41 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Just a terrible terrible hire.
:-)

BWillie's consecutive posts-being-hilariously-dead-wrong streak makes Cal Ripkin Jr. look like a freaking amateur.

The experts said being wrong this many consecutive times is mathematically impossible.

BWillie continues to prove those "experts" wrong.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:48 PM Yesterday
I'm not chiding the people who didn't like the hire because we all live in glass houses on this forum.

However, I will say that if you didn't like the hire because he had bad defenses in St. Louis and the second stint with the Giants... well, that was a bit short-sighted. Don't know what to tell you. You need good players to play good defense. People point to the job Flores is doing in Minnesota with their defensive turnaround, but just look at the goddamn free agents they brought in and how every single one of them is playing well. Yeah, part of that is Flores, but they don't see that kind of defensive efficiency if they're bringing in randos like Glenn Cadrez and Ray Crockett.

My whole thing was I thought it was kind of a crap year to pick a new defensive coordinator, but Spags was probably as good as anybody, and I for sure thought he was an upgrade over Sutton.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Watching that defense tonight reminded me of watching one of Marty's defenses.

Just ****ing get on top of an opponent and make it impossible for them to win if the offense gets out of it's own way.
Yeah the DT-Phillips-Saleaumua-Smith glory days with Gunther as DC. Nobody could run on us.
[Reply]
Page 329 of 329
« First < 229279319325326327328329
Up