All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:14 PM Yesterday
Spoiler!

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:56 PM Yesterday
Daemon is hilariously bad at the political game.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:24 PM Yesterday
That was a spectacular episode.

Daemon is pathetic. Sorry staylor. I know it hurts. I'm sure you've read the books or something and know he'll probably redeem himself, but damn. Literally any storyline but his.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:32 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
That was a spectacular episode.

Daemon is pathetic. Sorry staylor. I know it hurts. I'm sure you've read the books or something and know he'll probably redeem himself, but damn. Literally any storyline but his.
Dude, I know I have tried to explain it to you before but Daemon is GRRM's favorite character.

His storyline just isn't very good this season because he's doing absolutely nothing of note in the source material.

But he's the creator of the entire ASOIAF universe's favorite character for a reason and I'll just leave it at that.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:37 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude, I know I have tried to explain it to you before but Daemon is GRRM's favorite character.

His storyline just isn't very good this season because he's doing absolutely nothing of note in the source material.

But he's the creator of the entire ASOIAF universe's favorite character for a reason and I'll just leave it at that.
GRRM is also a huge Mets fan.

Do you support the Mets too?

(I know this primarily because I too am a huge Mets fan.)

I have no doubt Daemon has a better arc ahead but you have to admit this is freaking painful. Other commoners are claiming dragons and Daemon is putzing about and abandoning all values and honor. Boring af.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:39 PM Yesterday
GRRM is also a huge Mets fan.

Do you support the Mets too?

(I know this primarily because I too am a huge Mets fan.)

I have no doubt Daemon has a better arc ahead but you have to admit this is freaking painful. Other commoners are claiming dragons and Daemon is putzing about and abandoning all values and honor. Boring af.
Daemon isn't my favorite character because of GRRM. That's not the point, and we both know there's a difference between his favorite baseball team and his favorite character in his universe.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:42 PM Yesterday
Oh yea and Caraxes is also by far the most badass dragon too :-)

Other than Balerion the Dread of course.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:47 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Daemon isn't my favorite character because of GRRM. That's not the point, and we both know there's a difference between his favorite baseball team and his favorite character in his universe.
Uhh, obviously. But who cares who GRRM's favorite character is? GRRM could be a sadist, a masochist, a fairy, a fairy godmother, or any other sort of weird deviant who has some leaning toward a character. I don't feel compelled to love any character that some showrunner who kinda seems very off the beaten path favors.

That said, I'm well aware you've loved Daemon for a long time and GRRM has nothing to do with it. I'm also well aware you know the source material so obviously we're not having a conversation on the same level of knowledge. I'll say it's currently boring af, he couldn't be anything but awesome next season, and leave it at that.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:00 PM Yesterday
Uhh, obviously. But who cares who GRRM's favorite character is? GRRM could be a sadist, a masochist, a fairy, a fairy godmother, or any other sort of weird deviant who has some leaning toward a character. I don't feel compelled to love any character that some showrunner who kinda seems very off the beaten path favors.

That said, I'm well aware you've loved Daemon for a long time and GRRM has nothing to do with it. I'm also well aware you know the source material so obviously we're not having a conversation on the same level of knowledge. I'll say it's currently boring af, he couldn't be anything but awesome next season, and leave it at that.
Not pushing back at all in terms of it being boring, but like I said, it's in line with the source material. They've had to get creative just to keep him in throughout this season.

With that in mind, I actually think they've done a solid job of doing that, even if many are bored with it anyways.

As for GRRM, I'm just trying to hint that he does the character justice being that he's his favorite.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:28 AM Today
Next week is the finale. I’m wondering how far into the story they plan to progress before leaving us to languish for another 2 years. And for those who aren’t enjoying Daemon’s storyline…as the kids say, just give him some time to cook. (I may have completely butchered that)
[Reply]
Page 55 of 55
« First < 5455152535455
Up