« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals vs Nationals - 9/25
AndChiefs 08:26 AM Yesterday
Let’s make it two in a row!

[Reply]
DJay23 04:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Yuuuuuup.

Ugh, I hate this anxiety. All I keep doing is going over at least a dozen or more games that we should've/could've/would've won, and we'd already have a playoff spot locked down.

Seriously, this team has been a playoff team, numbers-wise for about 90% of the season and we've had shit luck all ****ing year. Lineup never quite came together the way it was supposed to, even though we were scoring runs, and then Vinnie goes down. Barf.

Then we have two absolutely LOUSY weeks that defy belief which should have realistically killed any playoff aspirations, but all of our peers shit the bed themselves! Weird, weird season.

And 84 wins after the past seven years in the wilderness, especially last season's god awful 56 win team is a massive accomplishment. But to be *this* close to the playoffs would really suck if we don't somehow manage to squeak in. Don't even care if are completely embarrassed in the tournament, at least we got there.
It's stressful, but so fun to check the standings every day. And watch every pitch because every pitch matters now for the next 4 games.

I want them to get in so that they get a taste of it. Playoff baseball is so exciting! If this team will do anything in the near future, getting in this year could be springboard. Even this chase could do that. It would remind me of the 2013 Royals who were in contention down to the last week of the season.

Anyway, a playoff clinch would guarantee 2 more games this year. I just want to watch baseball and care about it.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by AndChiefs:

You're starting the game thread today, right?

Go for the three-peat!
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by AndChiefs:

time to get the three in a row thread going my friend

Here's how we're taking the field behind Michael Wacha in this afternoon's series finale vs. the Nationals. pic.twitter.com/EARkxWVeOL

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) September 26, 2024

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Does anybody care if it's a no-hitter or perfect game if the starting pitcher is still not in?
Well clearly the Reds didn’t. That may be the only thing that saves him from a beanball which would almost certainly come now in any other such circumstance.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I will never understand baseball's stupid "unwritten" rule on this. So if a player, like Massey did tonight, breaks up a no hitter in the first with a bunt that's perfectly acceptable, but at some random point in the game it becomes not ok? It's a 2 run game and by getting on they are one swing away from a tie game. Can you imagine if this applied in literally any other sport? "Well the chiefs shut out the Chargers in the first half, so the Chargers are not allowed to pass in the second half until they score by running only". It's such a stupid concept that at some random point some team can no longer try to win in a certain way because reasons.
No issue with it if the Reds are playing for anything. They’re not.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up