ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2758 of 2758
« First < 1758225826582708274827542755275627572758
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:25 AM 09-30-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
True, but Nagy is really bad
He's too soft imo.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:00 PM 09-30-2024
2023 vs 2024

Completion % +1.4

TD % + 0.5%

Success rate + 0.2%

YPA +0.5

YPC +0.4

All the other stats are down.

On the plus side, he already has 2 GWD. He had two all of last year.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:43 PM 09-30-2024
Occam’s Razor is that his personal mechanics are off.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:37 PM 09-30-2024
miguel you hero

This was the first football game I’ve attended, we were running late to the game, we found our seats and I sat down for literally less than a minute and he throws this pass and I’m right out of my seat and cheering, it was incredible https://t.co/4eflUTDPci

— Miguel Salcedo (@appxmtlysmthng) October 1, 2024

[Reply]
ptlyon 08:42 PM 09-30-2024
Miguel must've been doing cannonballs in the parking lot if he was that late
[Reply]
Best22 06:56 PM Yesterday
Last week against the Chargers, Mahomes surpassed Len Dawson in franchise pass attempts with 3711

He needs 13 passing touchdowns to pass Dawson, and 16 wins to pass him in that stat as well
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:59 PM Yesterday
I gotta say. I missed the deep ball. Mahomes just never had the same touch on it like some of the others, but that Worthy bomb was a thing of beauty. Perfect throw.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:12 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I gotta say. I missed the deep ball. Mahomes just never had the same touch on it like some of the others, but that Worthy bomb was a thing of beauty. Perfect throw.
I think part of it is that him and MVS never developed chemistry deep (nor did MVS develop that with Rodgers). Mahomes just never seemed to know where to place it and I suspect MVS never really developed a feel for over the shoulder catches. Mahomes always seemed to try to rope it so MVS could turn and catch it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:06 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
miguel you hero

I still don't quite understand how that corner caught up to Worthy. I know he's tracking the ball, but that shouldn't slow him down THAT much.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:52 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I still don't quite understand how that corner caught up to Worthy. I know he's tracking the ball, but that shouldn't slow him down THAT much.
Haven't seen a next-gen breakdown or anything, but he probably slowed up a tick.

It really speaks to his ball-tracking skills. He slowed up and STILL got exactly to where the ball was EXACTLY when he needed to be there. Remember that on deep shots like that, 90% of the 'accuracy' of the pass comes down to the WR tracking the ball. In all probability, Mahomes just hucked it up there and trusted Worthy to track it.

And he did. And perfectly timed his pursuit. Because if you stay at full speed and then try to slow down late, you'll get yourself all turned around. But to slooooowly bleed speed and keep yourself between the ball and the defender so you can catch it over your shoulder like that.

That's just perfect, man. Just absolutely perfect.

That kid tracks balls like few dudes I've seen. It's just innate. I don't think for one second that he slowed down because he was tracking the ball and that slow-down just happened to put him in a perfect spot to catch the ball in stride. He did that on purpose.

You can't ask for more than that from a downfield receiver.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:34 AM Today
Did they throw a flag for DPI ? But like DJ said that looked like he adjusted perfectly to the ball which slowed him up a tick , great concentration after contact to catch that .
[Reply]
Page 2758 of 2758
« First < 1758225826582708274827542755275627572758
Up