ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 24
« First < 142021222324
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Milton is a CAT 5 and Coming for Florida
Otter 03:35 AM 10-08-2024
Don't start being shy now mods to update and links...

Blow by Blow

On the Ground

https://www.youtube.com/live/NLhxcyz...zEXFzc7SMzsByZ

[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by Spott:
If your neighbor turned his on at 3:45, you might as well turn yours on too.
He turned it off again. I have no idea wtf he was doing, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.
[Reply]
Otter 04:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Since it's too hot to sleep, I took a look around outside. Other than a few downed limbs, it looks like we made it through without any damage. Now I'll just sit here in the dark and wait until I can get the generator going at 7. At least I can pass the time watching YouTube videos
:-)
[Reply]
TEX 05:06 AM Today
Living on the Gulf Coast for a good part of my life, I've been through many hurricanes. Most recently Hurricane Beryl, back in July. But it was nothing compared to Milton. Milton, is / was a bad one. Especially with all the tornados... And the worst part about all of it, is not having any power, sometimes for weeks afterwards. Even with a generator, it sucks cuz u got to deal with finding gas and dealing with long gas lines etc. I feel for the people in Florida.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:56 AM Today
Why can't you turn a generator on before 7?
[Reply]
backinblack 06:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Depending on how it hit, there was probably more damage in New Jersey than Virginia. It took out some trees, caused some minor flooding, and destroyed half of a long pier in Virginia Beach. That was pretty much it. I always think about that when I see the "We will rebuild" meme with the toppled lawn chair. :-)
I was living in Ghent(which floods if too many dogs pee at the same time during high tide) when Sandy “hit”, and it was not much more than typical thunderstorm weather except it lasted longer. But that thing went up the coast and wrecked Jersey and NYC.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 24
« First < 142021222324
Up