ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>[Confirmed] Jaylen Watson - Broken Ankle
Dante84 11:03 PM Yesterday

Source: Chiefs fear that CB Jaylen Watson has a broken ankle.

— Zach Gelb (@ZachGelb) October 21, 2024

#Chiefs CB Jaylen Watson, one of their emerging young players on defense, suffered a fractured ankle in Sunday’s win over the #49ers, sources say.

He’ll have more imaging done today to determine if a return this season is possible. But tough reality for an up-and-coming corner. pic.twitter.com/86J6M58zqm

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 21, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 03:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Does it?

I feel like it's on the verge of finding an identity and playing to that identity quite well. But that's a 25-30 rush/gm, short/intermediate passing team.

A RBBC that is effective but not explosive with a play-action passing game that is going to take a couple deep shots/gm while using some WR motion on reverses, etc... to find some space in the middle of the field for the TEs.

Honestly, I think the offense we saw on Sunday is about what we'll see going forward and what may make/break any given game (offensively) is just hitting that deep shot.

I mean I could EASILY see a scenario where Mahomes doesn't hit 4K yards passing this season but we end up with 1,500+ yards from Pacheco/Hunt.

And that's not a bad offense, but it's an offense that probably settles in the 16-21 ppg range and if they hit 27+ it's going to be off a big special teams play, a short field created by a turnover or they hit that shot play. And there WILL be games that happens.

But there was a lot that went right schematically yesterday and we put up 325 total yards. That's...not exactly 'breaking out'. It's...okay.

I think this is roughly where we're gonna live for a bit. And it's fine but it's gonna be a bit of a throwback offense.

And with our bye being so early and injuries now starting to ding some depth on the defense, we're asking a lot of them to keep this up.
That's possible.

But if you can hit said deep shot or two and you can get some secondary WR to play up a bit (JJSS stays healthy, Hardman, traded WR) I think you're in a good spot with the TE's coming on.

I really like what they've got at RB if Hunt can keep it together, Pacheco comes back and Perine on 3rd down.

But in the end......until the QB unfucks himself a bit we're just kissing our cousin.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up