ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 42
« First < 323839404142
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt [signed to the practice squad]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:49 PM Today
Can't believe that didn't get brought up sooner re: Hunt's late signings

I mean, how many teams even would sign him after 2018? Feels like he was exclusively a Brown or Chief as we reflect
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:49 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Glad you asked

Because not only for the Chiefs, but for no team does it make sense to sign a guy with DV history unless you really need him.

Pacheco injury.... yeah, we needed a three down type.
Right. The NFL intended to quietly blacklist him like they did Rice. Dorsey didn't play along and I have a suspicion that's why he can't get anything other than advisory roles nowadays
[Reply]
Mecca 12:50 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Can't believe that didn't get brought up sooner re: Hunt's late signings

I mean, how many teams even would sign him after 2018? Feels like he was exclusively a Brown or Chief as we reflect
If you believe guys who cover the Browns, he had multiple offers last year and passed on them as he preferred to wait for a situation that had more playing time than just sign up to be a straight backup.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:54 PM Today
It's not like the guy has a shit ton of mileage on him. He's basically been a relief back his entire career.

I think he'll have more juice than what people are giving credit for.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:56 PM Today
That's also the reason I find it hard to believe he'll be anything more than a complimentary back here. He hasn't been the primary back for over half a decade.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I'd seen that first video. TBH I don't think the burst or lateral agility are what they were, but I also think he looks an upgrade on what we have and still good enough for the NFL. I hear the argument that a small drop off in ability can translate to a massive drop off in viability/performance. But I think in Hunt's case he's fine. A reasonable rotational player.
Yeah, there seems to be some drop-off in burst/agility, but not much. And those are two decent run defenses in those clips. And he looks serviceable as an interim RB, at least.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:59 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, there seems to be some drop-off in burst/agility, but not much. And those are two decent run defenses in those clips. And he looks serviceable as an interim RB, at least.
I'm going to be real here, Cleveland's OL is way better at run blocking than KC's.
[Reply]
seamonster 02:03 PM Today
Teams couldn't play that soft two deep shell with prime 2018 Kareem Hunt. He could fold up those soft defensive scheme's and put up 150 yards (with catches out of the backfield)...Hunt looked like some elite NFL running back from the 90's in that era...And then when you dropped a guy in the box to stop Hunt you've got the fastest player in the NFL embarrassing elite NFL d-backs every other play... But then when you double the fastest guy in the NFL you've got the greatest pure catching tight-end of all time chewing up yards underneath and over the middle. And then when you think you've got them stopped near the goal line you've got Andy Reid cooking up wild ass goal line plays with one of the most magical QB's of all time. That offense put the NFL's best to shame. Dee Ford robbed them.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 42
« First < 323839404142
Up