ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Phil Lesh
JohnnyHammersticks 02:39 PM Today
"May the four winds blow you safely home"

Phil Lesh, the Grateful Dead's co-founder and bassist, has died at age 84.

"Phil brought immense joy to everyone around him and leaves behind a legacy of music and love."

More on his life and music legacy: https://t.co/1hDBlXJc7x pic.twitter.com/fAx2cMoz4d

— Rolling Stone (@RollingStone) October 25, 2024

[Reply]
srvy 05:01 PM Today
American Beauty is a masterpiece.

[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 05:06 PM Today
Phil sang lead on a handful of songs. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head is:

Box of Rain, which is the most common.
Unbroken Chain
Wild Horses
[Reply]
R Clark 05:17 PM Today
RIP
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:36 PM Today
I’ve told this story before but my dad’s co-worker/friend and his wife were huge Deadheads and for my 13th birthday they picked me up after school and took me to a Dead concert, then let me spend the night at their townhome and then took me to school the next day. It’s one of the signature moments in my life.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:52 PM Today
Saw them at Red Rocks in 1978. So young at the time, I wasn’t really aware of what I was seeing.

I had read the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test as a freshman in HS so I was aware of all the acid and shrooms going on around me. Still the greatest venue I’ve ever had the pleasure to hear a show.

And it was The Dead. Travel quickly to the next studio.
[Reply]
phisherman 07:19 PM Today
May the four winds blow you safely home, Phil. RIP. Huge loss, the dude was one of the greats.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:50 PM Today
Phish just opened tonight's show with Box of Rain. Figured they'd pay homage at some point, but nice to see it was the opener.
[Reply]
Holladay 08:07 PM Today
Originally Posted by :
RIP to a great one I wasn't a huge Dead fan but Phil was a great Bass player with some incredible runs that I always took note of and listened to. Today Heaven gained a great bass player.
Not a Dead Head, so my opinion means nil. But in that vid, dude can't sing. I know nothing but listening to that track listed.

Still RIP. No ill will....
[Reply]
phisherman 08:26 PM Today
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Not a Dead Head, so my opinion means nil. But in that vid, dude can't sing. I know nothing but listening to that track listed.

His lead vocal tunes were a novelty and loved by fans but they all knew he wasn't even a decent vocalist. They just loved to hear Phil sing once in a while. He was a virtuoso on bass, listen to any Dark Star from 1968 to 1978 and tell me he doesn't make the instrument sing.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by Holladay:

I totally get what you're saying and I felt that way when I started getting into the dead and heard the one or two songs that he does. But because it was as stated, a novelty, we would fuckin go nuts whenever they played box of rain....cuz you know.... Phil
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by phisherman:
His lead vocal tunes were a novelty and loved by fans but they all knew he wasn't even a decent vocalist. They just loved to hear Phil sing once in a while. He was a virtuoso on bass, listen to any Dark Star from 1968 to 1978 and tell me he doesn't make the instrument sing.
I'd say any dark star any tour. Or bird song, The music never stopped.....
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:11 PM Today
They're playing shakedown street on the outro music of the bottom of the ninth in the world series right now.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up