ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Bobby Witt Jr. Thread*****
GeorgeZimZam 04:15 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
If bwj doesn't have his own thread yet, it's past due. We need a place to memorialize everything he is doing in the moment.
Yes. Good call.

"His first love was baseball..."

While Bobby Witt Jr. prepares for his high school prom & state championship run, he's also on the cusp of being one of the top picks in the 2019 #MLBDraft. pic.twitter.com/UpDLtKSVa1

— MLB Network (@MLBNetwork) June 2, 2019

We have agreed to terms with No. 2 overall draft pick Bobby Witt Jr.

Welcome to the #Royals, Bobby!#AlwaysRoyal pic.twitter.com/E5nGFgU6LN

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) June 12, 2019

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:50 AM 07-23-2024
Way to stand tall, Peepee. You tell em.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:04 AM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
The MLB is a joke. Every pitcher purposely throws meatballs, its the new Manfred league.
More like they banned the tacky shit and now baseballs getting back to baseball. Pitchers just have to throw a ball.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 09:06 AM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Way to stand tall, Peepee. You tell em.
"Flaccid Silvia"
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:32 AM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
The MLB is a joke. Every pitcher purposely throws meatballs, its the new Manfred league.
God damn you're just so ****ing dumb it hurts.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/557...shared-article
Spoiler!

Bobby is crushing it during a time that hitting is at its lowest point in quite some time.
[Reply]
tk13 09:42 AM 07-23-2024
Jeff Passan getting all the Yankees fans worked up this morning. Lots of comments on this that there's no way Bobby could win the MVP over Judge.

Major League Baseball has a new leader in Wins Above Replacement, and it's Bobby Witt Jr.

American League MVP voting this year is going to be diabolical. pic.twitter.com/667h4wk6GL

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 23, 2024

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:51 AM 07-23-2024
Yeah offense is down. Pitchers are throwing their arms out with 100+ mph pitching across the board and many batters have trouble quickly getting set with a pitch clock. Doing well on offense given that is impressive. Some hitters are eating because they're just really good
[Reply]
BWillie 11:54 AM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
Jeff Passan getting all the Yankees fans worked up this morning. Lots of comments on this that there's no way Bobby could win the MVP over Judge.

mvp mvp mvp mvp mvp mvp
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:35 PM Yesterday

Waking up knowing Patrick Mahomes is my QB and Bobby Witt Jr is my SS pic.twitter.com/AaVxYwyN9w

— BBQ Dom (@RealBBQDom) July 24, 2024

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:58 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah offense is down. Pitchers are throwing their arms out with 100+ mph pitching across the board and many batters have trouble quickly getting set with a pitch clock. Doing well on offense given that is impressive. Some hitters are eating because they're just really good
I believe that adjusting to the pitch clock has affected hitters more than pitchers, but I feel like the quality of middle relief and set up men has improved across the board to a point where managers don't sweat pulling their starter after 5 or 6 innings.

Teams used to hold out and try to get their starter through 7 innings, because they didn't really have middle relief pitchers, or have a lot of them, as a lot of bullpens were set up with 8th & 9th inning guys.

Now, relief pitchers in general are more adaptable, and seem to share roles more freely, plus some relief pitchers have spent their entire time in the minors pitching in these various roles so they are better prepared.

Managers sometimes even start their relief pitchers now, with a preplanned replacement by the starter. I know it doesn't happen a lot, but the fact that it happens at all tells you how much managers have changed their approach to managing their staff.

I didn't watch every game, but I feel like Q is a mastermind when it comes to managing the pitchers on a game to game basis compared to Mike Matheny.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up