ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 109
« First < 95999105106107108109
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
PHOG 04:22 PM Yesterday
Whoa, that's an old fashioned ass-whooping. :-) And Minnesota won. :-)
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:37 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
So it's not ok to gush about a draft pick? I mean, this would be the first draft pick since Witt that we've really been able to get excited about. I don't see anyone enshrining him in Cooperstown.
Knew I shouldn't have said anything. I say pump the brakes, and it gets translated to: YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF FUCKING SUNSHINE PUMPING IDIOTS WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Carry on...
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:40 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
I love the enthusiasm, the optimism and all that, but I’d maybe temper expectations, at least until the guy is playing and performing at a high level in the minors. For all we know, he could be the second coming of Dave Kingman. I like the signing too, but man, how about we pump the brakes a tad before we enshrine him into Cooperstown. Sorry to be a party pooper, but damn gang…
Why can't we show excitement for one of our best 1st round draft pics we've had in awhile, excluding Witt Jr of course. My excitement isn't going to impact how good he is, so what's the harm in some excitement?
[Reply]
BWillie 04:41 PM Yesterday
Knew I shouldn't have said anything. I say pump the brakes, and it gets translated to: YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF FUCKING SUNSHINE PUMPING IDIOTS WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Carry on...
Jac Caglianone WILL be an All-Star. I've never been so sure of something in my life.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:45 PM Yesterday
Knew I shouldn't have said anything. I say pump the brakes, and it gets translated to: YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF ****ING SUNSHINE PUMPING IDIOTS WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Carry on...
Who's saying the last part? Seems like people are questioning why we need to pump the brakes at all and not be excited?
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 05:14 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Whoa, that's an old fashioned ass-whooping. :-) And Minnesota won. :-)
The Phillies really blew that game today. They had early chances to blow MIN out, then lost a 3 run lead. I expected better from them. But thanks Colorado!
[Reply]
PHOG 05:18 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
The Phillies really blew that game today. They had early chances to blow MIN out, then lost a 3 run lead. I expected better from them. But thanks Colorado!
Yeah, the last time I checked the score they were comfortably (it seemed) ahead. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:26 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Happy 41st Pine Tar Day, boys.

Happy Anniversary to the George Brett pine tar game. pic.twitter.com/OtXffgspMT

— Dave Portnoy (@stoolpresidente) July 24, 2024

[Reply]
Reroka 06:40 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by srvy:
Maybe you could fly your 700.00 drone that you could have bought for less than 200.00 over the stadium. Or is that cheap Chinese junk in the trash heap now?

How's that wannabe biker backassward trike doing ya?
Don’t have to be a dick but thanks for not answering the question.
[Reply]
srvy 10:23 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Reroka:
Don’t have to be a dick but thanks for not answering the question.
Do your own research you halfwit.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 10:51 PM Yesterday

Carry on...
Thus, they dare you to just lean into it further. But message boards be like that. Or something.

Who wants to throw down at the GBS Friday?
[Reply]
srvy 11:17 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
Thus, they dare you to just lean into it further. But message boards be like that. Or something.

Who wants to throw down at the GBS Friday?

[Reply]
dlphg9 12:01 AM Today
QTard just isn't a very good manager. He has no clue when he should pull starters. He's pulled the starters when they didn't need to be pulled. He has no idea when to pull a relief pitcher and instead of just giving up a run he will leave them in and they give up multiple runs (more on that here in a sec). He is a complete idiot with the lineup. What competent manager looks at a guy who is batting under .200 and has a .284 OBP through over half the season and decides that he is the guy that should be batting lead off and the guy that should be getting the most ABs on the entire team? Most of the shit he does is indefensible.

Back to him leaving relief pitchers in way too fucking long. He is the reason we lost this game tonight. The moment McArthur gave up the lead he should have been taken out of the game, but nope QTard can see that the pitcher is now struggling, but decides to let him just give away the game. I was originally pissed at McArthur, but not anymore. McArthur has been really fucking good ever since we got out of May. From June 2nd to July 23rd McArthur had pitched in 16 games and had only given up 3 ER in those 16 games and had a 1.72 ERA during that time. Bubic should have been ready to come in the minute we lost the lead.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
QTard just isn't a very good manager. He has no clue when he should pull starters. He's pulled the starters when they didn't need to be pulled. He has no idea when to pull a relief pitcher and instead of just giving up a run he will leave them in and they give up multiple runs (more on that here in a sec). He is a complete idiot with the lineup. What competent manager looks at a guy who is batting under .200 and has a .284 OBP through over half the season and decides that he is the guy that should be batting lead off and the guy that should be getting the most ABs on the entire team? Most of the shit he does is indefensible.

Back to him leaving relief pitchers in way too fucking long. He is the reason we lost this game tonight. The moment McArthur gave up the lead he should have been taken out of the game, but nope QTard can see that the pitcher is now struggling, but decides to let him just give away the game. I was originally pissed at McArthur, but not anymore. McArthur has been really fucking good ever since we got out of May. From June 2nd to July 23rd McArthur had pitched in 16 games and had only given up 3 ER in those 16 games and had a 1.72 ERA during that time. Bubic should have been ready to come in the minute we lost the lead.
You usually aren't funny but Qtard was funny. I actually think hes one of the better managers we've had.
[Reply]
Page 109 of 109
« First < 95999105106107108109
Up