ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>BJ Kissel destroys Dwight Freeney's "Mahomes abused the rules" narrative
Hammock Parties 01:40 PM Today
This is a savage deconstruction of Freeney's bullshit. :-)

.@BJ_KCSN sets the record straight on Patrick Mahomes' "controversial" 33-yard sideline scramble against the 49ers 👇 pic.twitter.com/5zicNDgDPy

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) October 22, 2024

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Nobody wants to admit Mr. Perfect Fred Warner flat out got beat by Mahomes at the beginning of this play. If it was Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen, people would be raving about the athleticism of the QB to make Fred Warner look bad.
Fred Warner is still in his prime and will be in the HOF. He is one of the best LB in the league. Making him look foolish warrants praise.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Been enjoying this for a couple years now.

Embrace the hate, fellas. Wear the black hat with pride!

Fuck 'em all.
Yeah, its so special that we suffered so many years of bad football and crushing playoff losses that now we get to share this dynasty in real time together. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:22 PM Today
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah, its so special that we suffered so many years of bad football and crushing playoff losses that now we get to share this dynasty in real time together. :-)
I will always hate Scott Pioli.

But one thing - the ONE thing he did - was the year the season ticket holder gift was a jersey. And on that jersey is a little 'STH' patch in the corner.

I wear that sucker every time I go to Arrowhead (I'm the guy in the Lanier). And every time I see someone with that little STH badge on their jersey I know that's another guy who's been through the wars with me.

Because if you got that jersey back when Pioli was running this shit, you EARNED this.

Sit a few plays out here and there, Swifties. Y'all don't have the sweat equity yet...
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:25 PM Today
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Maybe it's because players for the opponents often go after those superstars in an attempt to hurt them at every opportunity. Players like Mahomes are targeted just to get them out of the game. When you're some run of the mill crappy QB, they want you to stay in the game, so they're not targeting you for extra roughness.

I mean, sure okay. it's not new stuff. Early in Mahomes' career, 2019 I think, it was all over the various football shows that defenses needed to hit Mahomes to beat the Chiefs, right? Nothing new there. NOR did exactly that to Favre in the playoffs, right? Blew him right out of his shoes on a running play when he had his head turned. No flags. Basically ended his career right there. Something similar happened to Kurt Warner I think.

But brady got rules changed for him. Brady got the strike zone. No hitting below the knees, period. No touching of the head, period. Can't throw the Qb to the ground. Can't land with your 'full body weight' on the QB. Et cetera.

Which has benefitted all QBs now, including Pat. Does Pat get the same level of kid glove treatment that Brady did? Maybe not. But he is protected in ways that Baker isn't, for example.

And just to be clear, I HATE a large percentage of the RTP/unnecessary roughness flags. I get the league has to protect QBs, but a lot of these flags are plain ridiculous, and they can/have changed the outcomes of important games.

But we are here. And the Chiefs/Pat have benefitted for the most part. More than a lot of QBs, as you said. Not going to complain about that, but there's been a lot of flags thrown in favor of KC where I just shook my head at the silliness of it all.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 04:32 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I mean, sure okay. it's not new stuff. Early in Mahomes' career, 2019 I think, it was all over the various football shows that defenses needed to hit Mahomes to beat the Chiefs, right? Nothing new there. NOR did exactly that to Favre in the playoffs, right? Blew him right out of his shoes on a running play when he had his head turned. No flags. Basically ended his career right there. Something similar happened to Kurt Warner I think.

But brady got rules changed for him. Brady got the strike zone. No hitting below the knees, period. No touching of the head, period. Can't throw the Qb to the ground. Can't land with your 'full body weight' on the QB. Et cetera.

Which has benefitted all QBs now, including Pat. Does Pat get the same level of kid glove treatment that Brady did? Maybe not. But he is protected in ways that Baker isn't, for example.

And just to be clear, I HATE a large percentage of the RTP/unnecessary roughness flags. I get the league has to protect QBs, but a lot of these flags are plain ridiculous, and they can/have changed the outcomes of important games.

But we are here. And the Chiefs/Pat have benefitted for the most part. More than a lot of QBs, as you said. Not going to complain about that, but there's been a lot of flags thrown in favor of KC where I just shook my head at the silliness of it all.
I just can't get too worked up about the implementation of these rules. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but maybe it's because I lived through the godawful implementation of the "in the grasp" rule for protecting QBs. I don't think they can possibly surpass the idiocy that rule gave us across the league.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up