ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Per Schefter, Chiefs are eyeing trade for WR
Sassy Squatch 07:48 PM Yesterday

Chiefs are await clarity on Rashee Rice’s knee injury Monday, but in the interim, are eyeing trades for other wide receivers, per sources.https://t.co/V9HiSYc5ap

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 6, 2024

[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 04:55 AM Today
Water is wet.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:22 AM Today
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
So this happen to me
Good luck everyone knows to film you
[Reply]
lcarus 05:46 AM Today
We should trade for Herman Moore. Big tall athletic receiver.
[Reply]
scho63 06:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by lcarus:
We should trade for Herman Moore. Big tall athletic receiver.
What about Herman Heard?

Big, tall old RB
[Reply]
In58men 06:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
The twitter meltdown from other fanbases would be good cinema. I'd feel bad for all of the strays that T. Swift would take if it happened.
This is exactly what I want lol.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:25 AM Today
Wideouts Veach has signed.

Watkins (25)
Juju (25)
Toney (23)
MVS (27)
Watson (25)
Fountain (25)
James (27)
Brown (26)
Gordon (29)

Those were the ages of the guys when we signed them and only Toney was traded for. Veach's tendencies indicate he doesn't really like trading for rentals and if he does make a trade they are usually in their mid twenties.

Hopkins (32), would be a rental.

Cooper (30), would be a rental

Johnson (28), would be a rental

Slayton (27), would be a rental

Remember we have Smith, Bolton and potentially Mcduffie's contracts to deal with in the offseason so is Veach gonna spend a pick on a rental who we can't keep for next season? I don't see it.

Imo if he makes a trade it will be for a young guy who has years left on his deal.

Doubs
Hyatt
Thornton

Are just a few examples.
[Reply]
Balto 06:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:

Watkins (25)
Juju (25)
Toney (23)
MVS (27)
Watson (25)
Fountain (25)
James (27)
Brown (26)
Gordon (29)

Those were the ages of the guys when we signed them and only Toney was traded for. Veach's tendencies indicate he doesn't really like trading for rentals and if he does make a trade they are usually in their mid twenties.

Remember we have Smith, Bolton and potentially Mcduffie's contracts to deal with in the offseason so is Veach gonna spend a pick on a rental who we can't keep for next season? I don't see it.

Imo if he makes a trade it will be for a young guy who has years left on his deal.

Doubs
Hyatt
Thornton

Are just a few examples.
Normally I’d agree BUT you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think a 3-peat is something Veach and all front office/coaches/players and Hunt want very very badly!

Trading a mid round or hell even a 3rd for a rental that can be recouped the following year with a comp pick, is a short delay Veach will do for that 3-peat.

It’s not like he would be trading multiple 1st or players to hurt the future for a 3-peat.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 06:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:

Watkins (25)
Juju (25)
Toney (23)
MVS (27)
Watson (25)
Fountain (25)
James (27)
Brown (26)
Gordon (29)

Doubs
Hyatt
Thornton

Are just a few examples.

JuJu was signed this year at 27.

Johnson while a rental is reportedly looking for stability. Might be signed for a 2-3 year extension.

Cooper might be cheap because he is a rental & would definitely be easy on the pocket-book.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:54 AM Today
Clouds change shape pretty quickly
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by Balto:
Normally I’d agree BUT you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think a 3-peat is something Veach and all front office/coaches/players and Hunt want very very badly!

Trading a mid round or hell even a 3rd for a rental that can be recouped the following year with a comp pick, is a short delay Veach will do for that 3-peat.

It’s not like he would be trading multiple 1st or players to hurt the future for a 3-peat.
We were going for back to back last year and our WR room was terrible and had the worst drop rate in the league. What did he do? Sign Hardman back for a sixth. Veach doesn't tend to stray from his tendencies. He's NEVER traded for a a guy older than 25/26. Free agents maybe he'd be flexible but when it comes to trades the evidence is there in black and white.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
JuJu was signed this year at 27.

Johnson while a rental is reportedly looking for stability. Might be signed for a 2-3 year extension.

Cooper might be cheap because he is a rental & would definitely be easy on the pocket-book.
The question is is trading for a rental worth it when they might not even be able to learn the system before they hit free agency? It's very risky. Cooper, Johnson, Hopkins etc will all be chasing the bag once they become free agents. And with us needing to pay Smith, Bolton, Mcduffie etc, it would be tough to retain a rental. At least a guy on a rookie deal can be retained so we can get better value.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:25 AM Today
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
So this happen to me
This happen to me lived closed to you?

*edit - dammit, carcosa
[Reply]
Bowser 08:26 AM Today
"31 teams not named the Chiefs aspire to win the Super Bowl this year"

- Adam SchefTeicher
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:58 AM Today
News at 11/ Veach not terying to bring in some help at WR during a 3 peat season would be a dereliction of duty. He'll get the best help at WR that we can acquire at this time. I dont expect Veach to mortgage the future but he'll get it done. In Veach we trust.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up