All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:21 AM Today
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:22 AM Today
Also, man, I fucking knew I recognized Alyn of Hull’s voice. It’s the voice actor who played Bayek from Assassin’s Creed: Origins!

That dude’s voice is like butter. I love it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Soooo fucking tired of this Daemon storyline. Jesus Christ. Just episode after episode of the same exact thing with him. I'd rather they not show him if all we get is him hallucinating basically the entire time.
It tends to wear on, but I look at it as an attempt to NOT do what was done with Daenerys, where there was a perceived "out of nowhere" shift/change in her decision-making approach and demeanor.

They're taking time to show the build-up.

I know Daemon is a bit of a fan favorite, but the picture we're getting of him is of a "man of action" who has some real strengths (he is charismatic in the right settings, and a powerful warrior) but also some real flaws (following through and finishing things rather than running away, not understanding the thought patterns of people other than himself, not connecting deeply with people he cares about/care about him).

Harrenhal is exposing those flaws. He expected to show up and say "Hello, I'm the king, famous and renowned warrior Daemon Targaryen and I have a dragon and a Valyrian steel sword. Bring your armies to me!" and it has gone differently than he expected (because there is more to it than he realized).

It's good character development. Yes, the pacing is a little slow, but I think it's important stuff.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:13 AM Today
As somebody who's favorite character is Daemon, I don't have a problem with his storyline because I can see the growth and character development that will come out of it. It also makes sense considering this is downtime for him in the source material.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:50 AM Today
Aemon and Deamon have so much in common its hard not to be hopeful for a show down.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Aemon and Deamon have so much in common its hard not to be hopeful for a show down.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:42 AM Today
I guess I have to buckle down and finish the book. I jumped over to a knight of the seven kingdoms and blew right through it. I just don't like the book from the Maesters perspective and have a lot harder time retaining the info.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 52
« First < 2424849505152
Up