ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Pete Prisco's take on the Chiefs Offense
Couch-Potato 11:39 PM Yesterday
Saw this on Reddit:

“This is just like last year where everyone is talking about concerns with Mahomes & the offense well I can tell you exactly what’s going on. They have a fantastic elite defense that does not get the national love or headlines they deserve. That young defense their GM built by trading Tyreek Hill to Miami, since last regular season is allowing Mahomes & Reid to be conservative with their pass play calls, run the ball more in September, October & November & slowly build up their pass game with rookie WR’s & cheap veterans who are not highly valued around the league but fit the Reid system well. You gotta understand Mahomes is 29 in his 7th season & Kelce is 35 but if you factor in their deep playoff runs over the last six years they have played an entire extra season & every game they play their opponent treats them like it’s their Super Bowl & it’s hard for them to get up week after week and match that intensity.

So their elite young defense & run game is allowing Mahomes & the pass game to take the LeBron approach. LeBron got to a point especially in his second stint in Cleveland where in the regular season he not play defense and settled for 3 point shots but when the playoffs arrived you saw LeBron at his peak form playing elite defense & attacking the rim relentlessly. Because of their defense, Mahomes & Reid in September, October & November are comfortable handing the ball off and being conservative in the pass game. Mahomes is not being aggressive throwing the football downfield right now or using his legs to make many throws on the move right now because it’s by design!!

He no longer prioritizes September, October, November and no longer cares about winning MVP’s or regular season awards, he prioritizes his body & peak play for when it matters most in late December & playoffs in January thanks to an elite defense. They’re (5-0) and Mahomes has been pretty dormant thus far and I’m telling you Kansas City feels great about themselves because it’s by design.” - Pete Prisco
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:51 PM Yesterday
That's a beautiful and correct take.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:01 AM Today
the chiefs play 20 preseason games a year, and 3 or four regular season games :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That's a beautiful and correct take.
From an unlikely source too, because Prisco usually scoffs at any Chiefs success.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:19 AM Today
There is alot of truth to that, but there are some struggles that go far beyond "not trying"
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:25 AM Today
True take.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:52 AM Today
I would've liked to see this offense atleast 1 game with everyone healthy. Pretty sure it would've been explosive like we all wanted to see.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:15 AM Today
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
From an unlikely source too, because Prisco usually scoffs at any Chiefs success.
Seriously. Dude used to hate pick against us pretty much every week. I guess he finally got tired of looking foolish.

But it is nice to hear one of the more prominent talkingsportsheads acknowledge what we've all known for years - a regular season game against us is pretty much ALWAYS viewed as the opposing team's Super Bowl. We almost always get their best game, no matter what. Granted, I don't watch these shows and mainly only see snippets of the shit they say in YT clips, but I don't recall anybody else saying that.
[Reply]
Up