ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 28
« First < 182425262728
Nzoner's Game Room>2024 COPA America Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:01 PM 06-20-2024
Beautiful opening message! I can't believe they opened with a prayer. Love it.

Go USA!

Argentina should beat Canada. I hope they do.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:47 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by penguinz:
USMNT peaked in 2002. There is no pride in a team that really isn't competitive on the world stage and hasn't been for over 2 decades.
as a "team playing well together", sure.

But talent-wise, top-to-bottom of roster, this group is WAY more talented than 2002.

2002 to probably 2015ish, USA played kick-ball (bunker down on defense, kick the ball long for a "god I hope we can score on a counter).

We had terrible ball movement, touches, and possession.

This team has better in nearly every position except the back-line and probably goalie.
[Reply]
vonBobo 06:05 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by penguinz:
If there was a real coach in charge of the team this never happens.
Or have players throwing punches.

This team got pushed around.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 07:44 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
On the plus side it does look like the US have found a striker. They showed a lot of good attacking movement with Flo at ST when he was in. That Weah red card will haunt us for a while. This was really the last real test before the World Cup. We have Nations League, but I think Peter Vermes could coach this team to a Nations league win in CONCACAF right now the way Mexico has been playing. One bone headed mistake cost this team from really getting a good barometer of where they are at ahead of the World Cup. Instead it’s just a bunch of what ifs that will likely save Berhalter and drive us all absolutely insane.
Peter Vermes can’t even coach SKC to a win.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:50 AM Today
lol funny

������#USMNT #CopaAmerica2024 pic.twitter.com/945HkiLwWg

— Bridger Deschamps (@bridgerwon) July 2, 2024

[Reply]
penguinz 10:48 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
as a "team playing well together", sure.

But talent-wise, top-to-bottom of roster, this group is WAY more talented than 2002.

2002 to probably 2015ish, USA played kick-ball (bunker down on defense, kick the ball long for a "god I hope we can score on a counter).

We had terrible ball movement, touches, and possession.

This team has better in nearly every position except the back-line and probably goalie.
That is my point. The talent today is significantly better than then but the results are worse.

100000000000% on the coach.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:13 PM Today
When will you learn that this country doesn't give a fuck about soccer? It's our 5th tier athletes against everyone else's top tier athletic freaks
[Reply]
Mecca 12:26 PM Today
Maybe we just aren't good at soccer?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:56 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
When will you learn that this country doesn't give a **** about soccer? It's our 5th tier athletes against everyone else's top tier athletic freaks
Same for Canada, but Canada actually advances instead of getting grouped by Panama in the Copa.

Considering its overall talent and resources available, USA might be the biggest disappointment in soccer these days.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 01:29 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
When will you learn that this country doesn't give a **** about soccer? It's our 5th tier athletes against everyone else's top tier athletic freaks
We are a country of over 300 million, while we just lost to a country who is a little over 3 million….

I’d have to believe we have at least 3 million Americans out of the 300 million that care about soccer.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 28
« First < 182425262728
Up