ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 162
« First < 62112152158159160161162
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:19 AM Today
https://x.com/anne__rogers/status/18...g7AIbS06Q&s=19

I think Hunter Harvey is a lemon.

RHP*Hunter Harvey*(mid-back tightness)
Expected return:*September
Harvey has been on the 15-day IL since Aug. 10, retroactive to Aug. 7, after he felt something pull in his back during his normal pregame routine earlier that week. He suffered a setback in his rehab program on Aug. 20 when he had to receive a cortisone injection because his back wasn't loosening up as much as he or the Royals would have liked to see at that point.

Harvey threw a bullpen on Sept. 1 and "did not bounce back well" from it the next day, manager Matt Quatraro said, with symptoms returning following the bullpen. Harvey did not throw on Sept. 3 or 4. It's become a day-to-day situation as he and the Royals see how he feels and determine what the next steps will be.*(Last updated: Sept. 4)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
What would you think of putting together a package for Roman Anthony? I have just read a little about him, but he seems like he would be one of few options that could be the leadoff guy we need desperately in front of BWJ for the next six years? These leadoff lefties seem hard to find
I don't think the Royals have a package that can really get him. At least not one that doesn't make the team a lot worse next year.

He's a consensus top 50 prospect. What is KC sending Boston that they need and want?

A year of Brady Singer isn't going to do it. You'd probably have to offer Cole Ragans. That's about the only thing I could see enticing them to move Anthony, and even then I'm not sure it is enough.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:22 AM Today

We have made the following roster moves: pic.twitter.com/bExwn2j1Ce

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) September 5, 2024

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't think the Chiefs have a package that can really get him. At least not one that doesn't make the team a lot worse next year.

He's a consensus top 50 prospect. What is KC sending Boston that they need and want?

A year of Brady Singer isn't going to do it. You'd probably have to offer Cole Ragans. That's about the only thing I could see enticing them to move Anthony, and even then I'm not sure it is enough.
The Red Sox might want Mahomes, he is about the only baseball player on the Chiefs :-)
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:36 AM Today
I don't think the Royals have a package that can really get him. At least not one that doesn't make the team a lot worse next year.

I was actually thinking Lugo could be the headliner. Beyond that, I have no idea what it would take. I just think there is a lot of extra value in his contract that the royals should cash in on and take a similar swing next year.

Getting a left handed guy who gets on base a lot ahead of BWJ was my whole premise. Seems like the most straightforward path to producing runs to me.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:05 PM Today

Do the Royals try to trade singer this off season or listen? I would've definitely thought so prior to thos season.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:12 PM Today
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I was actually thinking Lugo could be the headliner. Beyond that, I have no idea what it would take. I just think there is a lot of extra value in his contract that the royals should cash in on and take a similar swing next year.

Getting a left handed guy who gets on base a lot ahead of BWJ was my whole premise. Seems like the most straightforward path to producing runs to me.
Lugo has some trade value, sure, but not anywhere close to enough to swing a top 50 consensus prospect like Anthony.

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Do the Royals try to trade singer this off season or listen? I would've definitely thought so prior to thos season.
I think it's hard to find a deal that's enough of an overpay to take that risk. Singer has two excellent pitches and has been held back by refusal/inability to develop a reliable third pitch to help against opposite-handed hitters.

Trading a guy like that is always tough. Getting enough that you don't feel stupid for moving on if he finally unlocks that next level you could not is a tough task... and the type of thing that puts GMs on hot seats.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:23 PM Today
Lugo or Ragans starting the wild card?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:28 PM Today
They all pitched in Houston last week and Lugo looked, by far, the best against them.

Singer was solid. Ragans was good till he ran out of gas in the 6th.

I honestly would be comfortable with any of those 3 starting in Houston.

Probably will just depend on how the Royals set their rotation the last week.

If offense shows up, I have confidence we can win that series.

In case it wasn't obvious, I'm expecting the Royals to snag the last Wild Card, which puts them on a collision course with Houston in the Wildcard at their place for 3 games. Well, hopefully 3 games. Our SP was good there last week. Our bullpen sucked and our offense didn't produce. They'll have to be better next time around for us to win that series.
[Reply]
Page 162 of 162
« First < 62112152158159160161162
Up