ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>A Level Headed Review Week 8 2024
DenverChief 05:25 PM Yesterday
First drive was a thing of beauty. Dhop with the nice 13 yard catch on 3rd and 7, Kelce with a 25 yard reception and then Perine with a nice 21 yard catch on the rainbow pass from Mahomes on 3rd and 5. Then Hunt capping off the drive with two hard runs on goal to go. Offense seems to be getting back on track.

I just noticed...Garner Minshew II who the hell names their kid after themselves with that kinda name :-)

Defense seems like it needs to feel out the offense on the first drive.

Mahomes looks like he has a smashed finger on his non-throwing hand

A Watson sighting with a nice 19 yard catch.

Mahomes either over threw Dhop or Dhop shorted his route....either way he was wide open and that should have been a completion.

Run defense is very stout. Love seeing them stuff anything run between the tackles.

Karlaftis with the nice deflection to end the Raiders drive.

3rd Chiefs offensive series:
Nice seeing Worthy getting some short yardage catches.
Kelce with the nice 1st down with the shovel pass.

That damned offensive offsides call - Fortson needs to be aware of the LOS

Steele sighting with the catch on the swing pass.

Shitty Raider field, Hunt could have had more if not for that slip and fall on the swing pass out of the backfield.

Great catch by Kelce for the TD and Dhop was just as excited for Kelce to get the TD. Love seeing that, I think Dhop is gonna really enjoy this ride.

Johnson out with a concussion...getting thin at CB as well

Jones just swallowed up Myers on that jet sweep lol

McDuffie chasing down Minshew was just beautiful. Too bad he couldn't get the sack but the end result was just as good.

Now we get a look at the "2 minute" offense with 58 seconds left.

The Kelce lateral to Perine was beautiful, just looked like Perine got caught looking up field and dropped the pitch. Good recovery and fortunate to be able to get out of bounds. I know we have all seen 13 seconds but it amazes me still what Pat and this offense can do with very little time.

Dhop with the 16 yard catch to put us in FG range AND put Pat at over 30,000 yards passing in his career fastest to make that mark in 103 games.

Defense starts the 2nd half stuffing everything they try.

Gah I thought the illegal block in the back penalty was pretty ticky tacky. There was a slight push in the back on the return, not sure it even had a huge impact on the return. But the refs love us.

The ball was a little low for Kelce but gotta make those catches, then Worthy not able to bring that pass in.

That was an amazing acting job by the Raider returner - Williams did not put that much effort into that but he made it look like he body slammed him. Bad call imo.

The holding on J Williams was weird, they didn't show it and it was a super late call.

Our run defense is just disgusting. Go ahead and try and run against us.

Karlaftis with the timely sack.

Can we stop with the blocks in the back Hicks? Pretty please?

What a terrible offensive series - Wanya was getting owned, lucky that wasn't a safety on the first hold.

Pat getting that pass hit on the third attempt at 1st down looked like Taylor let that guy thru.

What a DEFENSIVE stand that was.. Holy shit our running D is stout. Our defense really saved our bacon on that series. Raiders should have taken the 3 points - they will regret that.

What a catch by Gray to clean up the dropped pass by Worthy. To be fair it looks like the defender got his hand on the ball as worthy tried to catch it.

Great march down the field to get in the red zone but couldn't punch it in. Worthy gotta work on holding on to the ball. Seems to have difficulty keeping it secure when challenged just a little bit.

Nice forced fumble by Pennel.

Great catch and run by Worthy for the TD. This is by far one of my fav pics from the game.

Seems like our DB room needs some serious help. Rolland-Wallace and Williams were pretty consistently getting picked on thru the game. Maybe one more move is for a CB.

Fortson hurt again and it doesn't look good.

32-5 against the AFC west is Mahomes in his career.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by Delano:
This series of thread starters is basically OP jotting down what they see during the game. Why not use the game day thread? I don’t get much of a ‘review’ vibe from this.

This isn’t cohesive - I appreciate the effort, but maybe work on the format. We could read the play-by-play and get 90% of what’s happening here.
Good. Nobody is going back to the game day thread after it’s over let alone wading through hundreds of posts. Not to mention the panic or overenthusiasm that often sets in during the game

OP adds lots and lots of points which gives people plenty of topics to chew on. Some might really peak your interest, and others not at all. But you get lots to choose from. I think it’s great.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They're expecting Pacheco back so they're riding Hunt for now.
Pacheco back with Hunt backing him up, DHop getting up to speed, Kelce rounding into form, Worthy only getting better....even without Hollywood and Rice, this offense is going to be cooking coming into December. Which is a complete luxury, because with the way the D is playing, we really only need a decent O.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:32 AM Today
Some folks want the early year Mahomes offense and are frustrated by this “boring”offense, but it works and that’s all that matters.

Take a look around the league.The Ravens lost to the freaking Browns, the Bengals got their shit pushed in by the Eagles at home, the Colts had so many opportunities to win yesterday and threw them all away, the Bears gave up a freaking Hail Mary.

The Chiefs are just a machine that’s taking care of business. They’re getting everyone’s best shot and simply don’t care.

Remember last year when the Chiefs just continued making mistakes and checked out of games like the Broncos, Lions and XMas Raiders? That doesn’t appear to be happening this year.

These guys are as consistent as I have ever seen them and that’s terrifying for everyone else.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Some folks want the early year Mahomes offense and are frustrated by this “boring”offense, but it works and that’s all that matters.

Take a look around the league.The Ravens lost to the freaking Browns, the Bengals got their shit pushed in by the Eagles at home, the Colts had so many opportunities to win yesterday and threw them all away, the Bears gave up a freaking Hail Mary.

The Chiefs are just a machine that’s taking care of business. They’re getting everyone’s best shot and simply don’t care.

Remember last year when the Chiefs just continued making mistakes and checked out of games like the Broncos, Lions and XMas Raiders? That doesn’t appear to be happening this year.

These guys are as consistent as I have ever seen them and that’s terrifying for everyone else.
I don’t think we’re ever going back go to that offense and I don’t think many expect that. But on just a couple of snaps using an aging Hopkins where we actually targeted him we saw clearly what we’ve been longing for. He alone adds such a dimension to the offense.

I think we see the potential for issues. We will have lukewarm defensive performances where we have to go heavy on pass script. Pass rushers that can get to mahomes all day. Teams that can effectively stop kelce without selling out. Mahomes tendency to play hero ball when drives stall or we can’t finish long. Games where our developing rookie worthy can’t be overused. For the rest of the year we probably won’t be a pass first offense but we are at our best when we put the ball in mahomes’ hands when it matters most. And I think all of us recognize his greatness while at the same time recognizing that we are a bit nervous about our ability to come from behind or ice games with our passing game
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up