ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Tips For Dealing With Poison Ivy
Easy 6 02:03 PM 07-07-2024
Anyone have any good advice?

Been battling this shit for over a week, every time it starts looking/feeling like its going away it comes roaring right back... the more calamine lotion I put on it, the worse it seemingly gets

Even have this shit on my junk :-)

I'm considering scratching all of it wide open raw, then dousing it all with rubbing alcohol... but thats gonna burn like hell
[Reply]
Woogieman 07:35 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lol people and god damn Z packs. They think it cures everything and ****ing doctors prescribe it for everything. I'm surprised a megabacteria hasn't wiped out a ton of us.
lol...I lazily called the prednisone pack a "z-pack". They now prescribe the prednisone 21 pack rather than give you a $50 shot in the butt, though. I went to a little clinic off 291 and 5th street the first time, paid cash, cleared up a full body weep in 24 hrs. The next year when I got it playing golf, I went to primary care and they did the pred pack, and I suffered for a week. That little clinic was gone or had moved the next time I got it, and I requested a shot at those 'minute clinic" places, and they charged about $400 to tell me I "had poison ivy", and prescribed a $150 pred-pack. They, and other clinics said the same: "no shot". This is why people hate the medical system, Obamacare, the govt et al...what was once a 10 minute walk-in procedure for $50, now costs over $500 and takes 7-10 days longer to cure. The old maxim remains true...you need three good friends in life- a doctor, a lawyer, and a bartender
[Reply]
tooge 08:17 AM 07-10-2024
BTW, too late now since you got the steroid shot and pills, but the plantain family of plants, namely broadleaf plantain which grows all over the place, at least here in the midwest, stops itching almost immediately. Grab a few leaves, crush them up in your hand or chew them up a bit, and rub on the rash. It's actually pretty amazing and all natural of course. It's a native American treatment and it's legit.
[Reply]
tooge 08:19 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
lol...I lazily called the prednisone pack a "z-pack". They now prescribe the prednisone 21 pack rather than give you a $50 shot in the butt, though. I went to a little clinic off 291 and 5th street the first time, paid cash, cleared up a full body weep in 24 hrs. The next year when I got it playing golf, I went to primary care and they did the pred pack, and I suffered for a week. That little clinic was gone or had moved the next time I got it, and I requested a shot at those 'minute clinic" places, and they charged about $400 to tell me I "had poison ivy", and prescribed a $150 pred-pack. They, and other clinics said the same: "no shot". This is why people hate the medical system, Obamacare, the govt et al...what was once a 10 minute walk-in procedure for $50, now costs over $500 and takes 7-10 days longer to cure. The old maxim remains true...you need three good friends in life- a doctor, a lawyer, and a bartender
Z pack is an antibiotic. Does nothing for poison Ivy unless you have an infection. A Medrol dose pack is the steroid they use for poison ivy.
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:03 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by tooge:
Z pack is an antibiotic. Does nothing for poison Ivy unless you have an infection. A Medrol dose pack is the steroid they use for poison ivy.
Yes, that's why I said "I lazily called it a z-pack" and clarified...
[Reply]
penguinz 11:27 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
JFC you are so full of shit. The no insurance cost of a 1 weeks cycle of prednisone is under $40.
[Reply]
srvy 10:40 PM 07-10-2024
:-)Steroid anger issues:-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up