ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>What Are You Doing With That Cucumber?
gblowfish 09:02 AM 07-06-2024
There was a place in North Topeka called Porubsky's Deli. They served greasy chili and made their own hot pickles. The recipe was simple: You get a jar of basic dill pickles, save the brine. Cut the pickles up into bite size chunks. Add a half cup of prepared horseradish and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the brine. Mix that all up, put the pickles back in the jar and cover with the brine mix. Let it germinate for a few days in the fridge. And you have Porubsky's hot pickles. Claussen makes their own brand hot pickles. Do you make your own, or just get store bought? Or do you avoid them? Or do you do other things with a cucumber? I'm sure there will be a wide scope of utility here on the CP.

BTW: I hate the off season...

[Reply]
Rausch 04:36 AM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I am a criminal defense attorney....

I’ve never looked at a Cucumber the same way again.
Funny how a few short sentences can completely change how you feel about a person...
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:31 AM 07-07-2024
Well I personally love the off-season!! Now to make some hot pickles!!!
[Reply]
Donger 10:02 AM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
There was a place in North Topeka called Porubsky's Deli. They served greasy chili and made their own hot pickles. The recipe was simple: You get a jar of basic dill pickles, save the brine. Cut the pickles up into bite size chunks. Add a half cup of prepared horseradish and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the brine. Mix that all up, put the pickles back in the jar and cover with the brine mix. Let it germinate for a few days in the fridge. And you have Porubsky's hot pickles. Claussen makes their own brand hot pickles. Do you make your own, or just get store bought? Or do you avoid them? Or do you do other things with a cucumber? I'm sure there will be a wide scope of utility here on the CP.

BTW: I hate the off season...

She gets it backwards in that clip.

:-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:18 AM 07-07-2024
Cucumber dip

6 oz. Cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 t. Salt
1/2 t. Sugar
1/2 t. Lemon juice
1/4 C. Chopped cucumber (or more)
1 1/2 t. Chopped onions

To use a full block of cream cheese, adjust accordingly

Mix altogether, chill overnight

Important: Use cool ranch Doritos chips for dipping. Makes all the difference.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:52 AM 07-07-2024
What's the difference between being hungry and being horny??

Where you put the cucumber!
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:05 AM 07-07-2024
My take on the pickle experiment is, the pickles are indeed hot, and good in small doses. You would'nt want to eat a bunch of these with no other food; and you certainly wouldn't want to eat them right before bedtime. Otherwise, tasty is as tasty does.
[Reply]
scho63 07:06 AM 07-08-2024
Boars head pickles are good and sold at deli counters.

QT convenience stores and my former employer Amazon's cafeteria sell a small bag of hot pickle slices and they are spicy.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:09 AM 07-08-2024
Porubsky's closed a couple of years ago after 75 years in business. Funny thing for me is that I grew up in Oakland but never tried that place. I heard it was good.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:16 AM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Well I personally love the off-season!! Now to make some hot pickles!!!
In the microwave?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:25 PM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by Donger:
She gets it backwards in that clip.

:-)
She gets it frontwards & backwards later in the movie.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:28 PM 07-08-2024
I loved the Porubsky’s pickles. Good to know the recipe.
[Reply]
Gee 06:34 PM 07-08-2024
One does not know a good pickle until it comes out of a wooden barrel retrieved by thongs while floating in spices and brine.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:43 PM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by Gee:
One does not know a good pickle until it comes out of a wooden barrel retrieved by thongs while floating in spices and brine.
I prefer to have mine scooped out with boxer briefs
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up