ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 61
« First < 11515758596061
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:49 AM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
Actually, we really don't miss him all that much. The CB play has been ok. The reason why the Chiefs are 31 against the pass is because Safeties, and especially the Linebackers cannot cover Tght Ends. The guy that we miss more than Sneed, is Willie Gay. And I really don't know why we didn't sign him, because it didn't take much to keep him.

We had three major concerns coming into the season. And no particular order they were LT, CB2, LB's in coverage. And out of the 3, CB is the least glairing through week 2.

It's still early yet, so hopefully they'll figure things out.
I think we do miss him. Sneed could line up against TE's as well. As for Gay he's kind of a head case. I also heard a rumor he wasn't liked that well in the locker room.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
The compensation was for an okay corner, not a shutdown corner. I just want them to get what they paid for. The only reason that the Chiefs got such shit compensation was because of his knees. Fine. Then I want them to get a player with knee problems, not a shutdown corner.
When it comes to compensation someone is only worth what the “buyer” is willing to pay. To think that the offer from Tennessee was not the best available is silly. We might have wanted a first for him, but no other team was willing to pay that. I don’t want the Titans to get a shutdown corner, but I also don’t want Sneed to struggle due to his knees. I like Sneed and want him to succeed.
[Reply]
neech 11:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Sneed was a fool if he thought he was going to a winner

First time HC on a depleted team?

LOL
My guess is Sneed knows he has limited years in the NFL and to make his money while he can.

Nothing personal Chiefs but business is business.
[Reply]
TEX 11:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I think we do miss him. Sneed could line up against TE's as well. As for Gay he's kind of a head case. I also heard a rumor he wasn't liked that well in the locker room.
I didn't hear that, but I did hear Gay wasn't too smart.

Yes, agree that Sneed could cover the TE, but so can the current CB's on the team. Go look at the splits and see where and who the opposing TE's are burning. It isn't the CB's.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by tredadda:
When it comes to compensation someone is only worth what the “buyer” is willing to pay. To think that the offer from Tennessee was not the best available is silly. We might have wanted a first for him, but no other team was willing to pay that. I don’t want the Titans to get a shutdown corner, but I also don’t want Sneed to struggle due to his knees. I like Sneed and want him to succeed.
I am just saying that Sneed was worth more to the Chiefs than a 3rd round pick. I'm angry that we didn't just keep him rather than give him away for shit compensation.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:02 PM Today
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I am just saying that Sneed was worth more to the Chiefs than a 3rd round pick. I'm angry that we didn't just keep him rather than give him away for shit compensation.
He was worth more to KC, I do agree. Simply put KC can only keep so many players. Now we can discuss who they kept vs who they lost, but if there was any position on this roster I feel the most confident they can develop it’s CB. If not they probably keep him.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:25 PM Today
You don't trade a damn All Pro for a 3rd rounder and then spend that a good chunk on mediocre guys like Gray when you have a 3 peat chance
[Reply]
RunKC 12:36 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
You don't trade a damn All Pro for a 3rd rounder and then spend that a good chunk on mediocre guys like Gray when you have a 3 peat chance
They spent the money on Chris Jones. Gray is making pennies :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 12:38 PM Today
If we had Sneed, we might have beat the Ravens and Bengals.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:50 PM Today
Originally Posted by jd1020:
If we had Sneed, we might have beat the Ravens and Bengals.
Some IYoshii turd sure doesn't go off for 2 cheap scores
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
So you don't buy that abiogenesis is a real thing?
Genesis is a real thing. Abiogenesis is a contradiction to science that is just floated around to explain away Genesis. No. Abiogenesis is not a real thing
[Reply]
tredadda 12:55 PM Today
So when they traded Sneed they were already planning to extend Gray? Pretty sure one situation did not impact the other one.
[Reply]
DRM08 Today, 01:01 PM
This message has been deleted by DRM08.
Pasta Little Brioni 01:03 PM Today
We had the money to keep him with the same team we have now. This isn't arguable
[Reply]
O.city 01:05 PM Today
I’d guess it’s more about his knee being a ticking time bomb
[Reply]
RunKC 01:20 PM Today
They’re gonna pay McDuffie a filthy amount of money next Spring so of course they didn’t pay Sneed
[Reply]
Page 61 of 61
« First < 11515758596061
Up