ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>McAfee: "Source(s) tell me that Veach maybe isn't done..."
Dante84 10:17 AM Today

Source(s) told me that the Kansas City Chiefs might not be done making moves #PMSLive https://t.co/3abNtH2TXU pic.twitter.com/IpUeXpc9PN

— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:30 PM Today
Originally Posted by MahomesKnows:
I'd honestly be pretty surprised if we added another WR. I'm all for it, but I'd still be surprised.
I would be shocked if the moves mcafee talking about aren’t largely related to WR. We can either swing a big trade with a piece who can be with us long term like Diontae. Or we have so many value guys out there that fit what we’ve typically done which is to find upgrades without giving much draft or salary (ie Zay jones, Elijah Moore, etc…). The thing about our WR corps is that we are at such rock bottom that even a value find is an upgrade.

A LT would be nice too but I don’t want to cut corners there. Either see what we have with Kingsley as an upgrade. And hopefully pay very close attention to it in the offseason if we’re not satisfied. I just don’t know that we’re gonna add an impact guy here unless we bring Donovan smith in
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:32 PM Today
Heard we might be getting Hugh Douglas
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:34 PM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I would be shocked if the moves mcafee talking about aren’t largely related to WR. We can either swing a big trade with a piece who can be with us long term like Diontae. Or we have so many value guys out there that fit what we’ve typically done which is to find upgrades without giving much draft or salary (ie Zay jones, Elijah Moore, etc…). The thing about our WR corps is that we are at such rock bottom that even a value find is an upgrade.

A LT would be nice too but I don’t want to cut corners there. Either see what we have with Kingsley as an upgrade. And hopefully pay very close attention to it in the offseason if we’re not satisfied. I just don’t know that we’re gonna add an impact guy here unless we bring Donovan smith in
With the Hopkins trade the WR situation is no longer dire. JJSS will be back at some point before we start gearing up for the playoffs. The combination of Hopkins/JJSS/Worthy/Kelce should be enough for Reid and Mahomes to work with.

With Watson down, CB could be a real play and LT goes without saying.

ANOTHER WR trade would be nice, but i'd think Veach will look to strengthen some other spots if another trade were to happen. Solidifying LT would yield better results than yet another WR at this point.

ESPECIALLY if they think Hollywood has a real chance to be back.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:34 PM Today
Gotta be Herman Moore
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:35 PM Today
They're not getting an upgrade at LT this late in the season.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:36 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hollywood.
I just realized that. For some reason I had Orlando Brown and Donovan Smith switched in my head.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They're not getting an upgrade at LT this late in the season.
They got their starting LT last year in May.

Anything is possible with Veach.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
They got their starting LT last year in May.

Anything is possible with Veach.
May isn't October. There isn't anybody really out there to target.
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 12:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
Sky Moore straight up for an 8th round pick would be nice.
Nobody is going to give up that value for Sky Moore
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
With the Hopkins trade the WR situation is no longer dire. JJSS will be back at some point before we start gearing up for the playoffs. The combination of Hopkins/JJSS/Worthy/Kelce should be enough for Reid and Mahomes to work with.

With Watson down, CB could be a real play and LT goes without saying.

ANOTHER WR trade would be nice, but i'd think Veach will look to strengthen some other spots if another trade were to happen. Solidifying LT would yield better results than yet another WR at this point.

ESPECIALLY if they think Hollywood has a real chance to be back.
I don’t think it’s dire but it is the easiest position to upgrade with a value pick up which is probably what we’re looking for this deep into the season, assuming dhop was our “home run”. At the very least with an injury prone room having an extra body is still key insurance.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:42 PM Today
I never claim to know how trading and FA work. But just a few observations.

1. Why the hell would anyone trade with the Chiefs right now? I like it, but look at the Mahomes pick. How did that work out for Buff and CHI.

2. Are other teams just stupid or is Bret Veach just the puppet master of all things?

3. Are they collecting draft pics for the future (that rarely work out)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up