ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Is the NFL boring now?
Mecca 11:28 AM Today
Let's bring this over from the other thread because I think this is a worthy discussion topic.

I know we're all watching because hey the Chiefs are the cream of the crop but in general is the NFL a more boring product now?
[Reply]
Bump 03:39 PM Today
It was more entertaining when fools were getting blown up by guys like Ray Lewis and Ronnie Lott, who wouldn't be able to play the same way they played if they played today.
[Reply]
O.city 03:42 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
As was discussed in that other thread, most of the guys in the NFL on the OL and in the backfield have been in spread schemes since they were 14, they just aren't equipped or experienced to do it.
Ok

Coach them to do it
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:44 PM Today
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Is it wrong to wish for this to be the NFL again?

:-) holy shit you ain't lying, almost every clip was something that'd get you fined into oblivion these days
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:45 PM Today
We have the greatest QB talent the NFL has ever seen and for the 3rd year in a row we are running a dink and dunk offense.

If we can't make it work no wonder the other teams aren't either.
[Reply]
notorious 03:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
because Nebby finally has a winning record?
The bleacher eye candy.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:49 PM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Nice to see the jealous haters in St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Denver tuning in en masse.
St. Louis is Chiefs market territory now. KC and St. Louis together equal a top ten media market.
[Reply]
Bump 03:49 PM Today
I also thought it was better when they had real kickoff returns.

They should stop trying to change shit and just go back to the way it was around the 2000's.

They tried to do some corporate shit. "well studies have shown that fans are more engaged when there are more points being scored, so lets make it harder to play defense!"

somehow defense adjusted to be more dominant than before (in terms of yardage and probably ppg) and now offenses are struggling to adjust to it. Maybe it will go full circle and teams will want that running game again
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 03:50 PM Today
In terms of quality, the first month of the regular season has turned into what used to be the preseason before all the bargaining changes of limiting practices and what not. Throw in removing a preseason game, massive roster churning every year, and the urgency to throw young QBs in the fire right away (along with sitting them most of preseason) and that's a recipe for some bad football.

I hate the damn Patriots, but they are the only team managing their highly drafted young QB correctly this season.
[Reply]
O.city 03:51 PM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
St. Louis is Chiefs market territory now. KC and St. Louis together equal a top ten media market.
I had kinda wondered if or when that would happen.

If they can hold stl that’s a big market piece between the two
[Reply]
Basileus777 03:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
KC has the #1 rushing win rate in the NFL at 55%.
With no explosive runs, so it's producing inefficient offense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:01 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bump:
I also thought it was better when they had real kickoff returns.

They should stop trying to change shit and just go back to the way it was around the 2000's.

They tried to do some corporate shit. "well studies have shown that fans are more engaged when there are more points being scored, so lets make it harder to play defense!"

somehow defense adjusted to be more dominant than before (in terms of yardage and probably ppg) and now offenses are struggling to adjust to it. Maybe it will go full circle and teams will want that running game again

Running the ball is part of it. Need to be able to run the ball at least well enough to force the defense to play honest. But it's also the lack of competent QB play.

Just look at last year and this year so far. All the young, dynamic, big-armed QBs are struggling.

But Joe Flacco took CLE to the playoffs. Andy Dalton, of all people, trucked LVR. Aaron Rodgers looked like a MVP candidate.

What was the common denominator? They all understand how to read a defense and where to go with the ball in most situations. They are fully well-rounded QBs, and not utterly reliant on their athleticism/arm strength.

When I watch all these kids playing QB, I see a lot of hesitation. Very little 'hit your back foot, and throw the ball to the right guy with good ball placement on time.' These kids are being thrown into the fire at the NFL level without the basic knowledge/experience necessary to compete with NFL defenses. They're ignorant. Most, f not all of those kids should be sitting on the bench, clipboard in hand, learning how to play the game properly, instead of being thrown into the deep end without the proper tools.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:02 PM Today
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
In terms of quality, the first month of the regular season has turned into what used to be the preseason before all the bargaining changes of limiting practices and what not. Throw in removing a preseason game, massive roster churning every year, and the urgency to throw young QBs in the fire right away (along with sitting them most of preseason) and that's a recipe for some bad football.

I hate the damn Patriots, but they are the only team managing their highly drafted young QB correctly this season.

Agreed. Just adding Penix in ATL. They're doing the right thing.
[Reply]
Bump 04:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Running the ball is part of it. Need to be able to run the ball at least well enough to force the defense to play honest. But it's also the lack of competent QB play.

Just look at last year and this year so far. All the young, dynamic, big-armed QBs are struggling.

But Joe Flacco took CLE to the playoffs. Andy Dalton, of all people, trucked LVR. Aaron Rodgers looked like a MVP candidate.

What was the common denominator? They all understand how to read a defense and where to go with the ball in most situations. They are fully well-rounded QBs, and not utterly reliant on their athleticism/arm strength.

When I watch all these kids playing QB, I see a lot of hesitation. Very little 'hit your back foot, and throw the ball to the right guy with good ball placement on time.' These kids are being thrown into the fire at the NFL level without the basic knowledge/experience necessary to compete with NFL defenses. They're ignorant. Most, f not all of those kids should be sitting on the bench, clipboard in hand, learning how to play the game properly, instead of being thrown into the deep end without the proper tools.
Ya they are definitely throwing in the rookie QB's too early. I'm glad we have an old school coach that sat Mahomes for his rookie season, even though it probably would have been fine with him but you can't change a thing now.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:14 PM Today
The NFL has never been more entertaining. You're got great players all over the field each week, like Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, Bolton, Humphrey, McDuffie, Chenal, and many others. This is the NFL's best era ever.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up