ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Packers WR Romeo Doubs?
SAGA45 06:17 PM 10-04-2024
First, this is absolutely wild and utterly ridiculous speculation on my part. But, as a fantasy football enthusiast, I keep up with all the league's practice reports to stay current on any relevant injury news. And this week, the Packers have listed WR Romeo Doubs as a non-participant in practice for "personal reasons". Today, it was announced that he was 'doubtful' to play this Sunday against the Rams.

Granted, a myriad of things could have happened. The reason could be family-related or mental health-related, e.g., CEH. However, neither of those is as fun to ponder as the possibility that the Chiefs and Packers are in talks to send Doubs to Kansas City, which would explain why the Packers are shelving him this week with the trade all but finalized.

Doubs is a former 4th-round pick in the 2022 draft who stands 6'2" weighing 204 lbs (Rashee is 6'1" 203lbs) and is only 24 years old. He sort of checks all the boxes as far as Veach is concerned. Here are some of his highlights from 2023:

Again, this is just absurd speculation and arguably the result of sheer boredom, but let's discuss the possibility any goddamn way!
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:23 PM Today
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He's a legit NFL WR, which is good.

But, yeah, we would need a bigger move as well at WR like Cooper or Johnson.

Even if we got Amari/Hopkins, I think we'd still need at least one other receiver, just in case any other WR gets injured down the road. So I guess Doubs would be the +1. Or should be.

I still think Veach won't do anything.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:41 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Even if we got Amari/Hopkins, I think we'd still need at least one other receiver, just in case any other WR gets injured down the road. So I guess Doubs would be the +1. Or should be.

I still think Veach won't do anything.
Another WR....At what point does a GM/HC say alright we are going with what we got? That would be 3 serious injuries to the WR position along with the starting RB.
We should not risk SBs in the next couple of years over a 3 peat.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:43 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Another WR....At what point does a GM/HC say alright we are going with what we got? That would be 3 serious injuries to the WR position along with the starting RB.
:-)

Risk SB's?

How are we doing that again?
[Reply]
tk13 Today, 04:44 PM
This message has been deleted by tk13.
Chief Roundup 04:46 PM Today
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
:-)

Risk SB's?

How are we doing that again?
Giving up multiple picks to get an extra WR just in case.
I don't think they make a "splash" trade anyway. I wouldn't say I like the idea of giving up multiple picks that we will need to refill the roster.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:48 PM Today

Okay. But right now we have one legit WR, and that's not 100% certain, in Worthy. And he's a rook, so he knows about 10% of the playbook. And until this week, he wasn't even in on things like the 2-minute drill or hurryup situations. So he's got A LOT of learning to do yet.

And then? The next best WR, assuming he starts actually catching passes, is JJSS, he of the gimpy knee.

And then it's Justin Watson. Who's good for something like 250-300 yds and a couple TDs.

Then it's Skyy.

So, you tell me, does that look like a SB-winning group to you? Because it doesn't to me.

We need at least one other WR just to put some minimal buffer between the real WRs and Justin Watson, imo.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:52 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Okay. But right now we have one legit WR, and that's not 100% certain, in Worthy. And he's a rook, so he knows about 10% of the playbook. And until this week, he wasn't even in on things like the 2-minute drill or hurryup situations. So he's got A LOT of learning to do yet.

And then? The next best WR, assuming he starts actually catching passes, is JJSS, he of the gimpy knee.

And then it's Justin Watson. Who's good for something like 250-300 yds and a couple TDs.

Then it's Skyy.

So, you tell me, does that look like a SB-winning group to you? Because it doesn't to me.

We need at least one other WR just to put some minimal buffer between the real WRs and Justin Watson, imo.
If we have to give up multiple middle round picks it could/would make it tougher getting the players that they will want and need to fill holes that will be left in the off season. Veach is great but I don't think the 3 peat is worth missing the possibility of missing the SB for a year or two after the 3 peat.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:57 PM Today
If we have to give up multiple middle round picks it could/would make it tougher getting the players that they will want and need to fill holes that will be left in the off season. Veach is great but I don't think the 3 peat is worth missing the possibility of missing the SB for a year or two after the 3 peat.

Fwiw, I don't think Veach is trading for anyone. I'm just playing the game of "who do we want/what do we need."

As for next season, burn that bridge when it comes. Gotta go all-in on the threepeat until there's no shot at it, imo. Besides, next season's draft isn't supposed to be that great anyway.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 05:17 PM Today
I think Amari Cooper is the target. Money is right for our cap, compensation should be reasonable and Cleveland isnt going anywhere.

There are other options but none fit as well. I would love to see Deonte Johnson! I think the money is steep but he could be more than a one year rental and is a perfect fit for Andy. The Panthers suck and could use the extra pick.

Wouldnt mind D Hop but the money is Large!

No way is Devante Adams even a possibility.

The Doubs kid is interesting and Green Bay seems to be loaded at WR? The money should be no problem. Compensation after being suspended by the team doesnt give them much leverage so maybe?

I think Cooper or Doubs are realistic, the others are just out of reach.

We are about to see how bad Veach wants the 3 peat! Probably depends on how Patrick feels about the current group.

It always seems like Andy is "good with the guys in the building." He's usually not wrong.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:22 PM Today
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I think Amari Cooper is the target. Money is right for our cap, compensation should be reasonable and Cleveland isnt going anywhere.

There are other options but none fit as well. I would love to see Deonte Johnson! I think the money is steep but he could be more than a one year rental and is a perfect fit for Andy. The Panthers suck and could use the extra pick.

Wouldnt mind D Hop but the money is Large!

No way is Devante Adams even a possibility.

The Doubs kid is interesting and Green Bay seems to be loaded at WR? The money should be no problem. Compensation after being suspended by the team doesnt give them much leverage so maybe?

I think Cooper or Doubs are realistic, the others are just out of reach.

We are about to see how bad Veach wants the 3 peat! Probably depends on how Patrick feels about the current group.

It always seems like Andy is "good with the guys in the building." He's usually not wrong.

Cooper AND Doubs. Or DHop and Doubs.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up