ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Chicago White Sox chasing history
BWillie 12:55 AM Today
The Chicago White Sox are nearing one of the most amazing feats in all of professional sports. With 7 games left they are chasing history.

The White Sox have now tied the all-time loss record for a 162 game schedule in the modern era (1900 and on). They have their sights set on the all-time record of losses of 120 by the 1962 NY Mets.

Can they achieve this historical feat? Stay tuned.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 01:24 AM Today
YOU CAN DOOOO EEEIITTTT!!
[Reply]
Balto 01:29 AM Today

[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 03:59 AM Today
White Sux.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:17 AM Today
Boy a few games against the white sox sure does sound good right about now. But they'd prolly fucking sweep us all the same
[Reply]
DJay23 06:35 AM Today
I hope they get it, and then I hope they sweep the Tigers in the final series.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:38 AM Today
Sorted by season, not surprising that sub-.300 teams were relatively common prior to 1950, occurring every few years or so... but then it completely stopped being a thing for 4 decades and almost made it 5.5 decades.

And all this time later, it's occurred three times 6 seasons. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...93loss_records

[Reply]
scho63 08:45 AM Today
Feels great as a Pirates fan to have an even shittier team than us.
[Reply]
Otter 08:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Sorted by season, not surprising that sub-.300 teams were relatively common prior to 1950, occurring every few years or so... but then it completely stopped being a thing for 4 decades and almost made it 5.5 decades.

And all this time later, it's occurred three times 6 seasons. :-)

Damn, the Phillies have had some growing pains. I didn't know they were that bad so often.

And "The Boston Doves"?

I have new sports talk for today.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by Otter:
Damn, the Phillies have had some growing pains. I didn't know they were that bad so often.

And "The Boston Doves"?

I have new sports talk for today.
Yeah I think most people tend to assume the Phillies are up there with the all time (from a cumulative perspective) teams like the Yankees, Cardinals, etc. The reality is that they are not that at all. They have the exact number of WS wins as we do.
[Reply]
Otter 09:03 AM Today
Chat GPT says there's ****ery about:

how many name changes have the major league baseball team currently known as the "Boston Red Sox" gone through?

ChatGPT said:
ChatGPT

The Boston Red Sox have undergone one official name change in their history. They were originally known as the Boston Americans when they were founded in 1901. The name was changed to the Boston Red Sox in 1908, and they have been known by that name ever since.

And apparently they changed from NL at AL. (not chat GPT)

Has to be a good story behind this one.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yeah I think most people tend to assume the Phillies are up there with the all time (from a cumulative perspective) teams like the Yankees, Cardinals, etc. The reality is that they are not that at all. They have the exact number of WS wins as we do.
Most losses in MLB history...

Granted, also 9th all time in wins just because they've been around forever... but 27th overall in win percentage (Royals are 23rd).

Goes to show how much of a 50/50 game it is overall... only one team all time is over .535 and only two teams are under .465.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by Otter:
Chat GPT says there's ****ery about:

how many name changes have the major league baseball team currently known as the "Boston Red Sox" gone through?

ChatGPT said:
ChatGPT

The Boston Red Sox have undergone one official name change in their history. They were originally known as the Boston Americans when they were founded in 1901. The name was changed to the Boston Red Sox in 1908, and they have been known by that name ever since.

And apparently they changed from NL at AL. (not chat GPT)

Has to be a good story behind this one.
It's the Braves lineage....

Atlanta Braves (1966–present)
Milwaukee Braves (1953–1965)
Boston Braves (1941–1952)
Boston Bees (1936–1940)
Boston Braves (1912–1935)
Boston Rustlers (1911)
Boston Doves (1907–1910)
Boston Beaneaters (1883–1906)
Boston Red Caps (1876–1882)
Boston Red Stockings (1871–1875)