ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Rings-do you wear them?
Holladay 10:49 PM Yesterday
I am not much of a jewelry dude. No bracelets, necklaces, occasionally a decent watch. Not even a wedding band.

I wear a decent Fitbit metal banded (daily) watch for a watch (time) and to monitor steps and such. My son doesn't wear one because he has his phone to look at the time. Not me, I need to glance at my "watch" to see the time, not dig my phone out of my pocket.

It is hard to accessorize for a guy, IMO, other than a watch and or a ring.

I have some decent watches that I wear for special occasions, not daily. My job doesn't need that. I am sure that there is some though.

Back to rings. My go to is wedding band, college ring. Not daily though.

I just bought a VERY simple black onyx ring:

It has some meaning.

Most guys I know, don't wear rings. I haven't.

Just thoughts....
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:51 PM Yesterday
I'm not married and not gay, so no
[Reply]
Holladay 10:59 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by :
and not gay
LOL, agreed.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:01 PM Yesterday
When I was looking into watches. It came down to what makes you happy, as too style. I think this is the same.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:06 PM Yesterday
I have two rings that I wear - my wedding ring and also a gold ring I got in the Black Hills many years ago. I don't wear them daily, but pretty much any time I go out with the wife doing something social.

I lost my original wedding ring (to current wife) while driving. It blew off while I had the my arm out the window driving on the interstate. The ring itself was nothing special, and I like the replacement better anyway. Lost my first wedding ring (to the ex) while swimming in the Bahamas. Got a replacement for that one as well - ending up hocking it for gas money. :-)
[Reply]
Holladay 11:16 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by :
hocking it for gas money
LOL.

I agreed, when going out.

How the heck does a ring "blow off" in the wind?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:27 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Holladay:
LOL.

I agreed, when going out.

How the heck does a ring "blow off" in the wind?
The ring started getting looser as time wore on. Must be a getting old thing - it's not like the rest of me got thinner since I got married 20+ years ago. But apparently my fingers have. Go figure. I was driving on a nice day and had the window down and my elbow out, with my hand resting near the rearview mirror. At some point it must have just fell off; noticed it not long after I got out of the car. Obviously I wasn't going to walk a 10 mile stretch of I-88 to look for it.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:30 PM Yesterday
In the end, I guess, it is like tattoos. What ever makes you happy, watches, bracelets, rings.

In the end, though, I can choose when to wear them

unlike tattoos:-)
[Reply]
George Liquor 11:33 PM Yesterday
I have my wedding ring that I wear on my days off but normally I just wear a rubber wedding band.
[Reply]
Katipan 11:34 PM Yesterday
I’m so confused? What makes accessorizing hard for men?

You get the same shit we get.
You even get a crossbody tactical bag for a purse.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:43 PM Yesterday
I wear a wedding band that I’m not sure will slide over my knuckle, even with soap. I also wear a pinky ring related to my profession. I’m not a mobster.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineer%27s_Ring

I haven’t worn a watch since I started carrying a phone.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:47 PM Yesterday
Huh?

I guess I am just a guy. I expect women to have a purse. That would be pretty handy BTW. Social norms, men don't have purses. Thus hard to accessorize. Bad example..

I guess beards can be an accessory...

Dunno.

I ended my thoughts, in that what ever makes you happy. In some fields, careers it is so MUST. Not mine..

I just wanted to get some thoughts from REAL men in the CP world:-)
[Reply]
Holladay 11:50 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by :
I haven’t worn a watch since I started carrying a phone.
Understand. I don't wear my phone on my wrist that I can glance at. Plus, I am a cave man that doesn't really remember where my phone is. I have land lines at the home and at the office. "Just leave me a message and maybe I will call"...Life in the fast lane, Eagles song.

Damn, I just realized that I have more posts on this thread then brdsemy69 in 14 yrs
[Reply]
Up