ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Milton is a CAT 5 and Coming for Florida
Otter 03:35 AM Yesterday
Don't start being shy now mods to update and links...

Blow by Blow

On the Ground

https://www.youtube.com/live/NLhxcyz...zEXFzc7SMzsByZ

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:00 PM Today
Part of the tropicana baseball stadium roof is gone. thats 5 minutes from me. you can see the baseball field.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I was stationed in Norfolk during Gloria in 1985. It ended up changing course and heading north up the Atlantic coast, and we ended up only getting the fringes of it, but for two terrifying days Gloria was a growing category 4 monster that was forecasted to make a direct hit on us. The Navy sent every ship that could get underway to a secure anchorage way up in Chesapeake Bay, but my ship was in the shipyard, the engine was on the pier under a tarp, and there was an engine-sized hole in the side of the ship a few feet above the waterline. So we weren't going anywhere. They let most of the crew leave the ship to flee the area, but I was on the alpha personnel list, and alphas go down with the ship. I was 20, from the Midwest, completely sold on the certain doom and destruction being trumpeted by the weather pricks, and convinced I was going to die horribly in the next few hours and there wasn't a goddamn thing I could do about it. And I remember that day, and how I felt, like it happened last week, not 39 years ago. I have no desire to ever relive it.

And that's why I would never live in a hurricane zone.
HA! That was my first hurricane. It was a Cat 2 by the time it came up my way to New Jersey.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Point taken. The good with the bad. I don't have the kind of cash to live in that paradise with all the risks.
I bought at the bottom of the market in 2012. I payed the same thing for that place as I did for my Lees summit house. I couldn't afford to buy it now. Even before retiring. Just got lucky.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:15 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
HA! That was my first hurricane. It was a Cat 2 by the time it came up my way to New Jersey.
Depending on how it hit, there was probably more damage in New Jersey than Virginia. It took out some trees, caused some minor flooding, and destroyed half of a long pier in Virginia Beach. That was pretty much it. I always think about that when I see the "We will rebuild" meme with the toppled lawn chair. :-)
[Reply]
In58men 09:25 PM Today

OMG. We all had a collected gasp when we saw this from our reporter. The fabric on the roof of Tropicana Field is shredded. #StPete #Milton pic.twitter.com/36UKLO9cK6

— Jason Adams (@JasonAdamsWFTS) October 10, 2024

[Reply]
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Up