ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1225 of 1225
« First < 22572511251175121512211222122312241225
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
scho63 07:50 PM Yesterday
I'm not a big fan of red onions. They are so strong these days.

I like them minced in certain dishes or a single ring grilled on a burger.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:51 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Hate to nitpick on such as great looking burger, but I just have to insist on knocking the deep eyes of that onion out of the mix... that much onion is just too much, its going to bury your subtle and fresh avocado

Have to agree. Should've sauteed that onion disc in a big glob of butter to take some of that onion bite off, bring out its sweetness.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:10 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Finally tried grilled chuckeye steak. I took the advice of several actual chefs and marinated them for 24 hours before grilling to reduce 'chewiness.' Did the sous vide thing for 2 hours then onto a charcoal-fired grill. No pics (sorry, forgot, will remember next time). Came out pretty tender and flavorful. Not going to say they were as good as a good ribeye, but it was closer than I thought it was going to be. Would recommend.
and when feeding a crowd, chuckeye is awesome...
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:25 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
and when feeding a crowd, chuckeye is awesome...

Yeah. I usually make Korean bul gogi for house parties. And this stuff will do the trick. It was good enough that I went out and bought a few more steaks that are now vacuum-packed and frozen. Nice to get a few pounds of good steak and not have to pay hundreds of $$$.
[Reply]
In58men 08:26 PM Yesterday
Hate to nitpick on such as great looking burger, but I just have to insist on knocking the deep eyes of that onion out of the mix... that much onion is just too much, its going to bury your subtle and fresh avocado
As you can see, I’m definitely a huge fan of onions lol. More the merrier for me, the avocado was only used because the wife didn’t want anymore, so I didn’t want it to go to waste.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:01 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by In58men:
As you can see, I’m definitely a huge fan of onions lol. More the merrier for me, the avocado was only used because the wife didn’t want anymore, so I didn’t want it to go to waste.
Hey live your life as you see fit :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:21 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'm not a big fan of red onions. They are so strong these days.

I like them minced in certain dishes or a single ring grilled on a burger.
Try soaking them in ice water while you’re cooking. I’ve heard it works.

I just buy Vidalia onions from the Shriners.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:52 PM Yesterday
I only like grilled onions, I simply can't stand raw onion of any kind, its too strong and completely takes over.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:21 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
I only like grilled onions, I simply can't stand raw onion of any kind, its too strong and completely takes over.
I'm eating raw minced onion on these tacos as we speak, but there is definitely a tipping point where they can drown out any other flavors
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:24 PM Yesterday
I'm eating raw minced onion on these tacos as we speak, but there is definitely a tipping point where they can drown out any other flavors

Yah, I used to put a nice mound of raw white onions on a good chili dog or a taco. Still do with the tacos. A lot of raw onions in my pico de gallo as well. Not sure I can put too much onion on a dog or a burger or a taco. Not for my taste anyway.
[Reply]
srvy 10:40 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by In58men:
I say it's your burger eat how you like it. Not how someone thinks you should like it!
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:54 AM Today
Onions FTW! Raw, cooked, whatever.

I need to master caramelized onions.

Onion sandwich, onion burger, fried onions, caramelized onions, onion soup, onion dip, onion and onion...
[Reply]
scho63 12:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Onions FTW! Raw, cooked, whatever.

I need to master caramelized onions.

Onion sandwich, onion burger, fried onions, caramelized onions, onion soup, onion dip, onion and onion...
The key to caramelized onions is low and slow. Takes patience and you need to have a good amount of evoo and butter then salt and pepper. Too much and they get soggy and oily. Too little and they burn.

You also meed a good large onion as they wilt down to a much smaller amount.

Use a small sauce pan and not a frying pan, easier to control.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:41 PM Today
Originally Posted by scho63:
The key to caramelized onions is low and slow. Takes patience and you need to have a good amount of evoo and butter then salt and pepper. Too much and they get soggy and oily. Too little and they burn.

You also meed a good large onion as they wilt down to a much smaller amount.

Use a small sauce pan and not a frying pan, easier to control.
Thanks. I've watched many a you tube video. Just not patient enough I guess.
[Reply]
Page 1225 of 1225
« First < 22572511251175121512211222122312241225
Up