ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Was Josh Allen given the Tua "special" concussion check today?
scho63 05:43 PM Today
For anyone who watched the Bills Texans game, during the 2nd half the Texans rushed Allen and he rolled out to his right.

Two Texans converged and tackled him. As Allen fell to the ground on his right side, his head smacked the ground and bounced like a super ball. He went limp and was temporarily knocked out.

Then suddenly after the Texans give the ball back to the Bills, Allen is right back in there.

I'm no doctor but something didn't seem right at all he looked rush to go back in. He struggled the rest of the game.

I think he suffered a mild concussion at a minimum.

Gonna be interesting to see how this is handled or just forgotten about.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I’m not sure what to think about that.

He clearly knocked his head hard af. And I’m not sure it matters how big or tough you are, humans just don’t have the biology to protect our brains from that sort of whiplash. And with the way his arms went limp briefly and he laid on the ground, I wondered if he was knocked out, even for a second or two.

At the same time, there’s supposed to be an independent neuro consultant on the sidelines assessing the players. So unless the league comes out and says that the Bills defied the independent neuro guy’s tests by putting Allen back in, I will just assume he wasn’t truly concussed.

.. in which case, yeah, Allen is a tough fucker. It’s crazy that Tua can get a concussion after being knocked over by a swift breeze and this dude can smack his head on turf that hard and be no more worse for wear.
:-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:04 PM Today
Looked like he was knocked out to me, but everyone knew he was coming back out for the next drive
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:05 PM Today
Allen and Tua are clearly from different sets given the gang signs we've seen from both
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:05 PM Today
He's soft
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Hard to have a baseline when he can't spell c-a-t before banging his head on the turf.
He scored a 37 on the Wonderlic, FYI.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
He's soft
I am no Bills fan. He is a lot of things but he is not soft. He is a bit of an idiot if anything.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:12 PM Today
He wasn't down long enough for Bills fans to jump the rail and mount him=not concussed
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:15 PM Today

Just awful by the #NFL and everyone involved for letting Josh Allen go back in this game.

Concussion protocols have got to be followed the same by each team… pic.twitter.com/Uy4kpJYQ41

— Brady Hamilton (@BradyH_216) October 6, 2024

“35 years in tech” (and didn’t embed the video).

So for those of you that didn’t see it…
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
He wasn't down long enough for Bills fans to jump the rail and mount him=not concussed
This is a brilliant idea. I say they should implement it. It would only work for the bills though.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 06:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Hey, did the 9/11 terrorists give up when they hit the ground hard?

Wait, that's probably wrong.
That’s cold.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 06:25 PM Today
He absolutely circumvented the concussion protocols. Unfortunately for the Bills, Sean McDermott's persistent brain malfunctions cost them the game.
[Reply]
scho63 06:26 PM Today
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:

“35 years in tech” (and didn’t embed the video).

So for those of you that didn’t see it…
23 years on CP and still a douche
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:30 PM Today
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I am no Bills fan. He is a lot of things but he is not soft. He is a bit of an idiot if anything.
Running around like an idiot doesn't make you "tough". Toughness is physical AND mental. He doesn't have it . S...O...F....T
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:22 PM Today
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
The way his arm was dragging along the ground made it look like he was out.
I don't know.

His ability to whine and beg the ref for a flag seemed 100% normal?

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up