ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2767 of 2767
« First < 1767226726672717275727632764276527662767
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, most of the QBs in the league manage to hit that Worthy throw, even if they underthrow it by a little bit.

You just can't overthrow him there. That's as bad a miss as you'll see.
He’s just got to learn to put more air under those.

If you put it up in the air and miss, at least you give the receiver a chance to make a play on the ball.

If you fire a line drive and miss, the receiver has no chance.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:01 AM Today
It looked like Worthy got knocked off balance a bit, slowing him down. And he doesn't seem to have that 5th gear like Tyreek when he absolutely needs it.

More loft would have been good. But I believe Mahomes threw that ball from the 18 to the 10. Maybe I'm off on that. But if not, that's 72 yards. Unless the wind was blowing the right way, it's hard to get that kind of distance w/o the ballistic trajectory of a lower throw. Mahomes might have been afraid a loftier throw would be way too short.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

If you put it up in the air and miss, at least you give the receiver a chance to make a play on the ball.

It used to be better to overthrow than to underthrow. The whole “either your receiver gets it or it’s incomplete” mentality.

Brady changed the league though. Underthrow a receiver who has a step on a DB to cause a collision and its automatic DPI.
[Reply]
O.city 11:05 AM Today
Unpopular opinion, but I think he waits to long to throw it, has to throw it flatter to get it there and it makes for a tougher throw.

His anticipation just hasn't been as good on these deep shot throws. Russel Wilson was so good at them because he threw moon balls.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

And Worthy is so good at tracking the ball.

Here's an odd theory - you know who really kinda sucked at catching the ball over his shoulder? Tyreek Hill.

He didn't like doing it. On a deep ball, Hill wanted to jump, turn and secure the throw. He had that insane body control but he was never elite at running under a ball.

Frankly, Mahomes even going back to college has NEVER had that guy.

Might it be that he's used to guys who don't really want to catch that ball over their heads on the fly so he got accustomed to lower trajectory throws that give his guy a chance to turn, leap and get square to it to secure it?

Maybe it's just an odd habit born of a decade of throwing to guys that don't excel that bringing that sort of ball in?

Hey Patrick - Worthy does. He's as good as the entire NFL has at tracking that ball and bringing it in over his shoulder. I shit you not, buddy - he's THAT good at it.

Give him a shot.
[Reply]
Page 2767 of 2767
« First < 1767226726672717275727632764276527662767
Up