ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 371 of 371
« First < 271321361367368369370371
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:33 PM Today
"I'll just head home over lunch and add a half inch to those shocks..."

You ever hear us stupid weekend warriors say things like that and just laaaaaaugh and laaaaugh and laugh?

Christ. Why do I do these things to myself? Yeah they're hard to turn, dipshit, you're cranking them against 450lb springs and praying your tiny little spanner wrench doesn't pop loose and break your knuckles.

Fortunately I have bar clamps in the wood shop and those make real nice little extension bars.

Fucking noobs...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:02 PM Today
Short little drive afterward. Definitely helped. Visually the tires are no longer seated up in the well, they're right at the lip, but I hate fender rub so damn much. Just makes the drive more nerve wracking than it oughta be. The stance still looks good and that's what I was after.

I may try to add another quarter inch over the next week or two but damn, my arms were just shot trying to get the right angle on that wrench to get the spanner to bite and then get the necessary leverage while trying to work from my back underneath the car.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:22 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Short little drive afterward. Definitely helped. Visually the tires are no longer seated up in the well, they're right at the lip, but I hate fender rub so damn much. Just makes the drive more nerve wracking than it oughta be. The stance still looks good and that's what I was after.

I may try to add another quarter inch over the next week or two but damn, my arms were just shot trying to get the right angle on that wrench to get the spanner to bite and then get the necessary leverage while trying to work from my back underneath the car.
Pro - tip. Use a floor jack to take the weight off the shocks when adjusting them. Especially going up.
[Reply]
Page 371 of 371
« First < 271321361367368369370371
Up