ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Rip John Amos
FlaChief58 12:33 PM Today
Bad week for celebrities, RIP
Attached: FB_IMG_1727807566035.jpg (69.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Frazod 01:33 PM Today
RIP

I vaguely remember Good Times. IIRC, Amos objected to the show's shifting focus on Jimmy Walker, and bitched about it to the point where the showrunners fired him and whacked his character offscreen between seasons. Can't say I blame him. That "dyn-o-mite!" shit got old quickly.

I personally thought his best role was as the general in West Wing.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:44 PM Today
IIRC, John Amos was a member of the Chiefs at one time.

ETA - Yeah, this is according to Wikipedia:

In 1967, Amos signed a free agent contract with the American Football League's Kansas City Chiefs. Coach Hank Stram told him, "You're not a football player, you're a man who is trying to play football."[9] He returned to the Continental League, where he played that year with the Victoria Steelers.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 02:12 PM Today
Chiefs legend who wasn't a chiefs for long r.i.p
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Bad week for celebrities, RIP
From KC. Life long Chiefs fan. RIP
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:28 PM Today
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I believe we have surpassed the rule of 3 by now.
3x2 or 3x3
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:30 PM Today
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I believe we have surpassed the rule of 3 by now.
Technically he died August 21st
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:34 PM Today
Always liked that guy, great character actor. RIP.
[Reply]
Fish 03:49 PM Today
When I was a kid, my dad let me watch the movie Beastmaster multiple times on HBO. My favorite part was Tanya Roberts's amazing titties. But John Amos was also pretty bad ass.
[Reply]
4th and Long 04:18 PM Today
Originally Posted by Frazod:
RIP

I vaguely remember Good Times. IIRC, Amos objected to the show's shifting focus on Jimmy Walker, and bitched about it to the point where the showrunners fired him and whacked his character offscreen between seasons. Can't say I blame him. That "dyn-o-mite!" shit got old quickly.

I personally thought his best role was as the general in West Wing.
How could you leave out his riveting, yet powerful, role as Seth, in the 1982 classic, The Beastmaster.

[Reply]
Frazod 04:25 PM Today
Mainly because I thought that movie was lame as hell.

When it comes to 80s sword/sorcery movies, there are three that I liked: the original Conan, Excalibur and Sword and the Sorcerer. All the rest of them were shit.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up