ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 42
« First < 323839404142
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown [needs surgery - going to IR]
Dante84 08:23 PM 08-10-2024

Hollywood Brown has the same injury that Tyreek Hill suffered in Jacksonville back in 2019, Andy Reid said. He’s at the hospital being checked out.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) August 11, 2024

Story from the 2019 Tyreek injury: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...nt-dislocation

Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, who suffered a dislocation of his sternoclavicular shoulder joint Saturday night, was discharged from a Jacksonville-area hospital this morning and now has been cleared to return to Kansas City.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 11, 2024

#Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to miss four to six weeks with the sternoclavicular injury he suffered, per multiple sources. Opening night is three weeks from this Thursday night.

KC opens up at home vs Baltimore and then Cincinnati. pic.twitter.com/0lUx5mDfUP

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) August 13, 2024

The latest:

Sources: The #Chiefs are placing WR Marquise "Hollywood" Brown on IR, and he will undergo surgery to repair his dislocated SC joint. After multiple imaging studies, it was determined that, although Hollywood felt better, his injury was not healing correctly. Without corrective… pic.twitter.com/xtRRMvmseq

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:22 AM Today
Everybody getting their hopes up for Amari Cooper but it will end up being Demarcus Robinson.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod:
He makes a lot of sense given this is likely Trav’s last year.
Yep. Kelce would be greatly benefitted from Cooper's addition to this team.

Rice and Cooper outside
Worthy in the slot
Kelce in motion around the line

It would free Kelce up from the maulings and double teams on every single play. Or Cooper and Rice will just feast, it's up to the defense how they want to die.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:34 AM Today
Your point is well taken but that's what Hollywood was for

If they think he's coming back for the games that matter, Cooper and his salary or surrendering the draft picks to get him here won't be appetizing.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 10:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Everybody getting their hopes up for Amari Cooper but it will end up being Demarcus Robinson.
I’d take his 15 ypc at this point.

Rams are facing a lost year due to injuries.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:40 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Your point is well taken but that's what Hollywood was for

If they think he's coming back for the games that matter, Cooper and his salary or surrendering the draft picks to get him here won't be appetizing.
Agreed.

It all depends on what they think Brown's timetable to return is. Everything I had been reading was saying the playoffs at the very earliest, and what kind of deal Cooper would show up here with. Obviously.

If, IF we made this trade and Brown showed up for the playoffs, well, that would just be an embarrassment of riches, and I would for one would be ok with that.
[Reply]
Balto 10:48 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Agreed.

It all depends on what they think Brown's timetable to return is. Everything I had been reading was saying the playoffs at the very earliest, and what kind of deal Cooper would show up here with. Obviously.

If, IF we made this trade and Brown showed up for the playoffs, well, that would just be an embarrassment of riches, and I would for one would be ok with that.
I think some are thinking Brown even when 100% is better than Cooper and thats just not the case. While 30 and on the downslope he would still be a better option than Brown THIS YEAR. Long term give me Brown!

We are going for a 3-peat! While I don't want to see Veach do something stupid and overpay for someone. Cooper should be a mid round pick 1 year rental an hell I'd even give up a 3rd if it means a higher chance at a SB!

I wouldn't try and play hardball. Just give Browns what they want and go get that SB!

When Cooper goes nuts with Mahomes and we 3-peat, Coooper can walk in FA and get us that 3rd round pick back!
[Reply]
nychief 10:49 AM Today
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

All their Wideouts are hurt...they aren't trading Drob, methinks. They have to run someone out there.
[Reply]
Balto 10:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by nychief:
All their Wideouts are hurt...they aren't trading Drob, methinks. They have to run someone out there.
Robinson for Skyy straight up!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:54 AM Today
Yep. Kelce would be greatly benefitted from Cooper's addition to this team.

Rice and Cooper outside
Worthy in the slot
Kelce in motion around the line

It would free Kelce up from the maulings and double teams on every single play. Or Cooper and Rice will just feast, it's up to the defense how they want to die.
Just relax. Kelce is still going to be freed up.

Rice is now drawing the opposition's best corner, and Worthy is taking two men deep a lot of the time.

Andy is going to cook this season.
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM Today
If you could make it…..yeah that’s an easy move to make. He’d fit in really well with what you need here
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:29 AM Today
I think trading for Demarcus Robinson would be a step (or three) backwards.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Just relax. Kelce is still going to be freed up.

Rice is now drawing the opposition's best corner, and Worthy is taking two men deep a lot of the time.

Andy is going to cook this season.
Mahomes was right in his postgame presser after the Bengals game - both Baltimore and Cinci know how to play defense against this team, and the explosive offense we're used to seeing just isn't as explosive.

We don't "need" Cooper to win or for Kelce to produce, but I WANT Cooper to "ensure" we can win and Kelce can produce. I'm greedy with this team in general and greedy for Mahomes to have a host of "oh fuck" players around him to ensure the threepeat.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:36 AM Today
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I think trading for Demarcus Robinson would be a step (or three) backwards.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:44 AM Today
Mahomes was right in his postgame presser after the Bengals game - both Baltimore and Cinci know how to play defense against this team, and the explosive offense we're used to seeing just isn't as explosive.
This isn't even true. The offensive performance against Baltimore was the direct opposite of the Cincy game. Mahomes had one of his best games for YPA ever.

The Chiefs were incredible on offense against Baltimore. Better than the AFC Championship game by far.

The Cincy game is being weighed too heavily right now.
[Reply]
Balto 11:56 AM Today
Do we even think the Browns would trade Amari too us? Gonna have to be a much better offer than other teams IMO.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 42
« First < 323839404142
Up