Page 5185 of 5185
« First < 4185468550855135517551815182518351845185
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:00 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by brdempsey69:
Is that right? Last time anyone checked, the Donks were 1-4 when Tebow took over and the Donks went 7-4 the rest of the way in 2011 and made the playoffs. Are you really going to try & con yourself into thinking that isn't worthy of backup QB consideration after Manning signed onboard?

You have to ask yourself now if Nix will ever really be any better than Tebow.

Time will tell.
As I said in another reply… it turned out to be a fun run, but that’s it. If you’re seriously trying to suggest Tebow had real value as a backup, you’re just trolling.
[Reply]
brdempsey69 10:03 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
As I said in another reply… it turned out to be a fun run, but that’s it. If you’re seriously trying to suggest Tebow had real value as a backup, you’re just trolling.
You say it was a fun run while Tebow was playing & try telling me Tebow had no value as a backup? Do you see any contradiction there? A blind man with a cane can see it.

What would make you think that Tebow would have had no real value as a backup QB? Did you not see him in 2010 when the Donks would send Tebow into the game in short yardage & goal-to-go situations in place of Kyle Orton and employed him as a dual-threat runner & passer? What would make you think the Donks couldn't deploy Tebow in that same manner behind Manning?

I suspect what you are suggesting is born out of being an Elway sheep, thinking Elway could do no wrong. Look what has happened from 2016 on to the present with the Donks. It has been nothing but abyss & are you going to con yourself into thinking Elway had no hand in that?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:40 AM Today
Originally Posted by brdempsey69:
You say it was a fun run while Tebow was playing & try telling me Tebow had no value as a backup? Do you see any contradiction there? A blind man with a cane can see it.

What would make you think that Tebow would have had no real value as a backup QB? Did you not see him in 2010 when the Donks would send Tebow into the game in short yardage & goal-to-go situations in place of Kyle Orton and employed him as a dual-threat runner & passer? What would make you think the Donks couldn't deploy Tebow in that same manner behind Manning?

I suspect what you are suggesting is born out of being an Elway sheep, thinking Elway could do no wrong. Look what has happened from 2016 on to the present with the Donks. It has been nothing but abyss & are you going to con yourself into thinking Elway had no hand in that?
Ha… my comments are a result of watching the games. And “fun” doesn’t imply enjoyable or ideal. It was different and better than Orton and it was wild how they won, especially the playoff game. But that was NOT sustainable.

And, I’ve discussed all the Tebow I care to discuss really. I don’t recall many, if any, people being too shocked with the move. Appears you want to have an Elway is terrible conversation. There are plenty here willing to entertain you. He was not a great GM and made quite a few errors in the draft.
[Reply]
Page 5185 of 5185
« First < 4185468550855135517551815182518351845185
Up