ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Nzoner's Game Room>Are we worried about our offense?
mr. tegu 07:15 PM 09-15-2024
Being only marginally better than last season? Worthy likely has a higher ceiling and more potential than Hardman but he is unlikely, at least for now, to be a 6-8 target a game guy as an option on the majority of passing plays. Rice is better than Rice last season so that's good. Kelce is probably worst though.

But mostly what I’m fearful about is that losing Brown is going to be a major impediment to the offense being noticeably better than last season. He was likely big in our schemes and philosophy. I know we typically struggle vs the Bengals but as of right now I'm not sure what would make me confident we dramatically improve over last season.

What does everyone think? How can we ensure the significant improvement over last season that it seems we might need?
[Reply]
O.city 10:28 AM Today
If Brown is out for the year....they probably should.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:28 AM Today
Originally Posted by fadeaway:
Some ESPN bozo saying we’re looking to add a reciever before the trade deadline
Was it Fowler or Schefter?

Otherwise, I am skeptical.
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 AM Today
Panthers are talking about moving Diontae JOhnson already. IIRC we were in on that in PITT.

So yeah.

Or....do the Browns wanna move Cooper?
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM Today
I'd rather make a move for a DE but WR would do.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:33 AM Today
Diontae is a great fit. Either really solve the man-beating problem we may or may not currently have.

But if Brown is coming back, if, I'd be fine staying pat.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:34 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd rather make a move for a DE but WR would do.
We def have a lot of eggs in the Omenihu basket and I don't love that off an ACL.

But shit. If you could get that offense to a level that's a cut above the rest, that might be enough in the current league to get by.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:35 AM Today
I'm not out on Cam Thomas just yet
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by fadeaway:
Some ESPN bozo saying we’re looking to add a reciever before the trade deadline
If the offense struggles until then and Brown's return seems less likely, they should be looking to improve. That's not groundbreaking. Veach isn't sitting around doing nothing until the draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Panthers are talking about moving Diontae JOhnson already. IIRC we were in on that in PITT.

So yeah.

Or....do the Browns wanna move Cooper?
Oh. I like that idea a lot.

I mean the incentives are gonna free up and Johnson will only carry a pro-rated $7 million cap hit. He'd slot in nicely.

And plays a lot like Hollywood.

Do we have a 4th? Don't think I'd give a 3rd.

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
We def have a lot of eggs in the Omenihu basket and I don't love that off an ACL.

But shit. If you could get that offense to a level that's a cut above the rest, that might be enough in the current league to get by.
Yeah - I don't think we should be banking on much from Omenihu. That first year back from an ACL is spotty for most guys.

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'm not out on Cam Thomas just yet
Nor am I. But...it ain't quarterback. If you're a DE that can help, you're gonna play pretty quickly. Thus far he hasn't. Makes me a little skittish.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:50 AM Today
Yeah I like Cam Thomas but it bothers me that we don’t have much speed off the edge. Felix was supposed to be that guy but it just hasn’t worked out.

Think DL is gonna be the biggest need next offseason. Can’t continue relying on Chris Jones as he ages
[Reply]
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Up