ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Welcome Back Tershawn Wharton
LoneWolf 03:34 PM 03-14-2024
https://www.kctv5.com/2024/03/14/chi...shawn-wharton/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:14 PM 03-19-2024
Band is almost back together for the 3peat.
[Reply]
ku_jhawk23 09:18 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
****in hell. I'd rather have given Willie Gay as his contract was only $3 mil guaranteed. Wharton got $2.75 mil guaranteed.
Gay did not have a good year and hasn't looked good since the 22 injury. They also don't play the same position, so it doesn't work like that.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:37 PM Yesterday
Seems like he’s been really active this year.

He flashes a lot.

Been a pleasant surprise so far.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:39 PM Yesterday
He looks fully recovered and playing well!
[Reply]
staylor26 03:41 PM Yesterday
He's definitely having somewhat of a breakout season. Always been a good player, but noticeable dropoff last year recovering from the ACL. Well on his way to his best season yet though.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:42 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's definitely having somewhat of a breakout season. Always been a good player, but noticeable dropoff last year recovering from the ACL. Well on his way to a career year though.
Somewhere else on this board, I posted that he looks like the best interior DL we’ve had next to Jones.

Obviously, small sample size. Pennel and Saunders had their moments throughout the years, but I think it’s this version of Wharton.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:48 PM Yesterday
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Wharton whooped that RG’s ass to hit Cousins arm and force the pick.

That was Lindstrom right? That’s damn impressive.
[Reply]
Bump 04:11 PM Yesterday
I guess you don't need to draft DTs when you can find guys like Wharton and Pennel. But maybe we still could draft one sometime
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:55 PM Yesterday
Wharton's a pretty good pass rusher. He's not a space eating run stuffer like Pennel. He's just not that kind of body. He's a 3-tech. A Jones understudy. Not a Pennel replacement unless it's like 3rd and long.

I know a lot of us understand the difference between the skillsets, but I also notice that a lot of people think of DT's as being interchangeable, and they're definitely not.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up