ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 393 of 393
« First < 293343383389390391392393
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
phisherman 09:10 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Also finally found the elusive Side Project Stout at Oak & Steel... Coconut Vibes. $45 for the bomber bottle, which is typically about $15 over what I'd pay for a bottle, but totally worth it for finding Side Project in KC (and I'm sure their secondary market is nuts).
Decent price too really. You may have saved $5 buying it on-prem in St. Louis but still.....Coco Vibes is a very tasty beer.
[Reply]
Ceej 05:45 AM Today
Thanks for the rec.... I love CP, some random mention of a restaurant in a beer thread and it's a few miles from an Airbnb on a trip to KC.

Brisket rangoon was great, had to get the Pad Thai Brisket for the perfect mash up of BBQ and Thai and wasn't disappointed.

Also unrelated, found a far better stout for the evening...

Dude, how is it? The company I work for sells PA, and a lot of their stouts sound to die for.

Unfortunately, they're like $15 a bottle.

Next time I visit family in Wichita I might have to make the trek south and visit their brewery.
[Reply]
Ceej 05:47 AM Today
Not yet, but yeah a little intrigued.... Southern Tier kicked it out of the park years ago and I'm always a bit nervous about buying Boulevard stouts.
We just got in their 2XIPA Christmas, Tiramisu and Chestnut Praline up here in Wisconsin.

Maybe it's me, but all of their beers have a weird after taste. I can't really pinpoint the flavor, but every single one of them has it.

However, I'd imagine I'll be trying all three of these at some point. :-)
[Reply]
Ceej 05:48 AM Today
It's pretty mediocre, IMO... it doesn’t smell good and borders on smelling burnt. It's pretty light/medium bodied, not near their Magic Drip goodness. There's a little sweetness and the flavor is growing on me a bit, but wish I had found a single instead of a 4 pack.

It's not a drain pour and at least it was only $18 for the 4 pack... but, this coming from someone hoping they reproduced some recent stout magic (narrator: they did not).

The first smell and sip to me was incredible.

But every sip after that was bland and boring.

Still love me some Boulevard though.
[Reply]
Page 393 of 393
« First < 293343383389390391392393
Up